Advanced Management of Complex
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Cyndi Zarbano – Advanced Management of Complex and Critically Ill Patients
Course Download Size :
- Cyndi Zarbano
- 6 Hours 19 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 06, 2016
The Master Critical Care Skills seminar will give you a strong foundation, while integrating tips, timesavers, and stories about real nurses who make a difference in their patient’s lives. This seminar will teach you to master the concepts of critical care and become an expert in your clinical practice. Learn advanced critical care concepts and interventions, including:
- Critical Care Certification Review
- Core content for advanced critical care nurses
- Advanced cardiac care/hemodynamics
- Advanced Neurological care
- Mechanical ventilation management
|Buy it/Rent it Manual (2.9 MB)||73 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Understand Hemodynamics Today
- Cardiac Output = Heart Rate x Stroke Volume
- Use a simple analogy to learn the components and finally Get It
- Preload, Afterload and Contractility
- Manipulating the mathematical equation to stabilize
The ICU Trio in Crisis!
- IV Fluids – picking the right one for the situation
- 5 pressor agents – How they work when to use them
- Blood products! FFP, Platelets, PRBC’s and Cryoprecipitate
Demystify hemodynamic waveforms and
Correctly Measuring Each
- Assessment clues to hemodynamic instability
- Central Venous Pressures
- Arterial Lines
- Swan Ganz Catheters
Mechanical Ventilation for Nurses
- How to manage patients on ventilators
- Avoiding Ventilator Acquired Pneumonia (VAP)
- Using CPAP or BiPAP
- Assessment and management of:
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Septic Shock
- Hypovolemic Shock
Manage the Neuro Patient
- Use a “5-point Neuro Check” to easily identify changes in condition
- Stroke and Stabilization
- How to assess & intervene
Life-threatening EKG Changes: Clues from the 12-Lead
- Spectrum of coronary artery ischemia
- 5-step method for finding myocardial ischemia and injury
- STEMI and NSTEMI – What’s the difference?
- Location, location, location!
End-of-Life Care in the ICU
- The needs of the patient
- Practical tips to help your patients and families with the end-of-life journey
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC Related seminars and products: 48
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, has been a nurse for more than 25 years and a legal nurse consultant (LNC) for 12. Many of her cases in the last decade have been consulting and educating nurses who have gotten into trouble with the board of nursing and helping hem complete their corrective action stipulations. Medication errors and patient injury are a common cause of corrective action, license suspension and loss of license.
Cyndi’s clinical area of expertise has been in various intensive care/critical care roles, currently working for Mayo in Minnesota. She has been a national seminar speaker for over ten years speaking to diverse healthcare audiences throughout the country. During her presentations, she has earned the reputation of keeping attendees engaged with the use of current clinical knowledge, fascinating legal stories, and the interjection of nursing humor to keep it fun.
Financial: Cyndi Zarbano is the owner of Clinical Review Consultants. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Cyndi Zarbano has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Cyndi Zarbano