[Audio and Video] EP05 Workshop 02 – Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2005
- James F. Masterson, MD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 07, 2005
The therapeutic alliance is described along with transference and transference acting-out. The therapeutic task is defined – i.e., to help the patient convert transference acting-out to therapeutic alliance and transference through appropriate interventions. The psychotherapy of each of the disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic and Schizoid) is described in terms of indications, therapeutic technique and goals. Clinical examples will be given. Two videotapes of psychotherapy will be presented- one with a Borderline patient and the other with a Narcissistic disorder. Countertransference problems are described.
- To describe the clinical vicissitudes of the Disorders of the Self triad (self activation leads to anxiety and depression which leads to defense).
- To describe the appropriate intervention for each diagnosis.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
James F. Masterson, MD Related seminars and products: 50
James F. Masterson (M.D., Jefferson Medical School, 1951) was Director of the Masterson Group, P.C., which specializes in the treatment of adolescent and adult character disorders. Additionally, he was Director of the Masterson Institute (formerly Character Disorder Foundation); attending psychiatrist at New York Hospital, Payne Whitney Clinic; and Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Cornell University Medical College. Masterson has authored seven books and edited two volumes, mostly on the topic of psychoanalytic approaches to character disoreders and adolescents. His seminal work on the borderline personality has made him one of the most influential and studied practitioners of modern psychoanalytic methods.
- Profile at International Masterson Institute
Readmore : [Audio and Video] EP05 Workshop 02 – Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.
- 1 [Audio and Video] EP05 Workshop 02 – Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy of Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.