[Audio Only] EP13 Invited Address 05 – The Evolution of Psychotherapy: An Oxymoron – Scott Miller, PhD
- Topic Areas:
- Psychotherapy | Invited Address
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Scott Miller, PhD
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 13, 2013
Since the first “Evolution” conference in 1985, thousands of research studies and how-to books on psychotherapy have been published. Workshops, training programs, and certifications abound. At the same time, the overall effectiveness of psychotherapy has not improved a single percentage point. Meanwhile, practitioners face the most challenging economic practice climate in the field’s history. Incomes are down and fewer people are seeking psychotherapy as a remedy to their problems. In this invited address, Dr. Miller boldly asserts that the field has been looking for results in all the wrong places. After reviewing what does not work, he highlights the latest findings from the field of expertise and expert performance, documenting three evidence-based steps associated with superior performing clinicians. Research shows that using these steps pushes therapists to reach the next level of effectiveness.
- List three factors commonly believed to contribute to outcome, that have little or no relationship with effectiveness.
- Describe specific economic challenges facing behavioral health practitioners.
- Describe three evidence-based steps of top-performing clinicians.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Scott Miller, PhD Related seminars and products: 77
Scott D. Miller, Ph.D., is the founder of the International Center for Clinical Excellence an international consortium of clinicians, researchers, and educators dedicated to promoting excellence in behavioral health services. Dr. Miller conducts workshops and training in the United States and abroad, helping hundreds of agencies and organizations, both public and private, to achieve superior results.
- Site at Scott D Miller.com
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP13 Invited Address 05 – The Evolution of Psychotherapy: An Oxymoron – Scott Miller, PhD
- 1 [Audio Only] EP13 Invited Address 05 – The Evolution of Psychotherapy: An Oxymoron – Scott Miller, PhD