[Audio Only] EP13 Point/Counter Point 02 – Psychotherapy’s Evolution: Beyond Pathology into the Landscape of Living – Erving Polster, PHD
- Topic Areas:
- Psychotherapy | Point/Counterpoint Session
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Erving Polster, PhD | Jean Houston, PhD | Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD
- 1 Hour 28 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 11, 2013
Huge numbers of people want to KNOW their lives as much as they want to CHANGE. This need to KNOW, long overshadowed in therapy by pathology, is evident every day in: ordinary conversation, the arts, the mindfulness movement and religion. History now calls for therapy’s attention to basic themes of living through the design of Life Focus Communities.
- List the two major goals that vie for primacy in typical psychotherapeutic practice.
- Name two socially common, age-old vehicles for examining life.
- Describe the role of the Sabbath in understanding the purposes of the Life Focus Community.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Erving Polster, PhD Related seminars and products: 132
Erving Polster, Ph.D in clinical psychology, is the Director of The Gestalt Institute of San Diego, and the author of several important books, including Gestalt Therapy Integrated, Every Person’s Life is Worth a Novel, and From the Radical Center: The Heart of Gestalt Therapy, as well as dozens of articles and chapters. Erving has authored 6 books. In his current writings, he offers perspectives and designs for a communal application of psychotherapy principles. He also describes and celebrates a powerful contemporary momentum for people-at-large to join together in the search for personal and social enlightenment.
Jean Houston, PhD Related seminars and products: 44
Jean Houston, Ph.D in Psychology, is the author of over 30 books in the fields of human and social development. As a consultant to UN programs and other international agencies she has worked in some 109 countries, and continues to advise globally in social artistry (human development in the light of social challenge and change). Jean is also Chancellor of Meridian University, Co-Founder of Rising Women, Rising World.
- Profile at Jean Houston.com
Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD Related seminars and products: 38
CAMILLO LORIEDO, MD PhD, is professor of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the University of Rome, School of Medicine and the School of Specialization. Since 1998, he has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Milton Erickson Foundation. He has recently been elected President of the Italian Society of Psychotherapy. Since 2005, he has been a member of the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. Loriedo has been awarded the Milton H. Erickson Lifetime Achievement Award for outstanding contributions to the field of Psychotherapy. He has authored over 350 scientific papers and 26 books.
- Camillo Loriedo at Erickson Foundation.org
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP13 Point/Counter Point 02 – Psychotherapy’s Evolution: Beyond Pathology into the Landscape of Living – Erving Polster, PHD
- 1 [Audio Only] EP13 Point/Counter Point 02 – Psychotherapy’s Evolution: Beyond Pathology into the Landscape of Living – Erving Polster, PHD
- 1.0.1 Description
- 1.0.2 Faculty
- 1.0.3 Erving Polster, PhD Related seminars and products: 132
- 1.0.4 Jean Houston, PhD Related seminars and products: 44
- 1.0.5 Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD Related seminars and products: 38