[Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 04 – Mindfullness, Mindsight and the Brain: What is Mind and Mental Health? – Daniel Siegel, MD
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Daniel Siegel, MD
- 3 Hours
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 11, 2013
Can we describe a “healthy mind”? Defining mind as an “embodied and relational process that regulates the flow of energy and information” allows us to move deeply into understanding new ways of seeing the interconnections among brain, interpersonal relationships and the mind. Dr. Siegel outlines strategies to monitor and modify energy and information flow with more clarity and power, and also describes how the concept of integration can serve as an organizing principle that illuminates mindsight, harmony, resilience, and vitality.
- Integrate information about a range of sciences to explore a working definition of the human mind.
- Adopt a new approach to clinical assessment examining ways that chaos and rigidity reveal impairments to mental health.
- Apply a working definition of mental health as integration to a range of clinical situations.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Daniel Siegel, MD Related seminars and products: 40
Daniel Siegel, MD, received his medical degree from Harvard University and completed his postgraduate medical education at UCLA with training in pediatrics and child, adolescent and adult psychiatry. He is currently clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine where he is on the faculty of the Center for Culture, Brain, and Development and the founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center. Dr. Siegel has lectured for the King of Thailand, Pope John Paul II, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Google University, London’s Royal Society of Arts (RSA), and TEDx.
- Site at Dr Dan Siegel.com
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 04 – Mindfullness, Mindsight and the Brain: What is Mind and Mental Health? – Daniel Siegel, MD
- 1 [Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 04 – Mindfullness, Mindsight and the Brain: What is Mind and Mental Health? – Daniel Siegel, MD