[Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 33 – Affairs: Helping Couples to Heal from Infidelity – Michele Weiner-Davis, MSW, LCSW
- Topic Areas:
- Couples Therapy | Infidelity | Workshop
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Michele Weiner-Davis, LCSW
- 1 Hour 53 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 2013
If you work with couples, you’re no stranger to infidelity. And because healing from infidelity is challenging, it behooves us to have a clear roadmap of the territory. We’ll go over an array of post-affair issues, including ways to deal with intense emotions, whether to discuss the details of the betrayal, how to begin rebuilding trust in the aftermath of the discovery; whether to have clinical ultimatums about ending affairs, how to handle setbacks; and how to deal with residual feelings for the affair partner. We’ll explore a step-by-step treatment plan and discuss how to tailor it to each couple’s unique needs.
- Review what both the unfaithful and betrayed spouse must do to heal from infidelity.
- Discuss & practice what to do when disclosure is made during an individual session.
- Name and discuss methods for overcoming the most common impasses in helping couples heal from infidelity.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Michele Weiner-Davis, LCSW Related seminars and products: 43
Michele Weiner-Davis, LCSW is the Founder of The Divorce Busting Center in Boulder, Colorado. She is a popular TEDx speaker and the author of eight books including, Healing From Infidelity, and the bestselling Divorce Busting and The Sex-Starved Marriage. She is the recipient of several prestigious awards including the Outstanding Contribution to Marriage and Family Therapy Award from AAMFT.
- Site at Divorce Busting.com
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 33 – Affairs: Helping Couples to Heal from Infidelity – Michele Weiner-Davis, MSW, LCSW
- 1 [Audio Only] EP13 Workshop 33 – Affairs: Helping Couples to Heal from Infidelity – Michele Weiner-Davis, MSW, LCSW