[Audio Only] EP90 Supervision Panel 01 – William Glasser, M.D. Miriam Polster, Ph.D. James Masterson, M.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Supervision Panel
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1990
- William Glasser, MD | Miriam Polster | James F. Masterson, MD
- 54 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 1990
- To compare and contrast clinical and philosophical perspectives of experts.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
William Glasser, MD Related seminars and products: 45
William Glasser, MD, who received his MD degress in 1953 from Case Western Reserve University was an American psychiatrist. William was awarded an honorary doctorate in human letters by the University of San Francisco. Founder and Director of the Institute for Reality Therapy, he was authoer and editor of ten books on the topics of reality therapy and education. He was also the developer of Choice Theory. His ideas, which focus on personal choice, personal responsibility and personal transformation, are considered controversial by mainstream psychiatrists, who focus instead on classifying psychiatric syndromes as “illnesses”, and who often prescribe psychotropic medications to treat mental disorders.
- Profile at The William Glasser Institute
Miriam Polster Related seminars and products: 44
Miriam Polster, Ph.D, is co-director of the Gestalt Training Center in San Diego, and Assistant Clinical Professor at the Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego. Along with her husband, Erving Polster, she is co-author of a book on Gestalt therapy. She received her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Case Western Reserve University in 1967.
- Miriam Polster at Gestalt.org
James F. Masterson, MD Related seminars and products: 50
James F. Masterson (M.D., Jefferson Medical School, 1951) was Director of the Masterson Group, P.C., which specializes in the treatment of adolescent and adult character disorders. Additionally, he was Director of the Masterson Institute (formerly Character Disorder Foundation); attending psychiatrist at New York Hospital, Payne Whitney Clinic; and Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Cornell University Medical College. Masterson has authored seven books and edited two volumes, mostly on the topic of psychoanalytic approaches to character disoreders and adolescents. His seminal work on the borderline personality has made him one of the most influential and studied practitioners of modern psychoanalytic methods.
- Profile at International Masterson Institute
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP90 Supervision Panel 01 – William Glasser, M.D. Miriam Polster, Ph.D. James Masterson, M.D.
- 1 [Audio Only] EP90 Supervision Panel 01 – William Glasser, M.D. Miriam Polster, Ph.D. James Masterson, M.D.
- 1.0.1 Description
- 1.0.2 Faculty
- 1.0.3 William Glasser, MD Related seminars and products: 45
- 1.0.4 Miriam Polster Related seminars and products: 44
- 1.0.5 James F. Masterson, MD Related seminars and products: 50