[Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 03 – Supervision of Psychotherapy of Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1990
- James F. Masterson, MD
- 1 Hour 26 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 1990
This workshop will demonstrate the clinical application of developmental, self and object relations theory to psychotherapy with borderline and narcissistic patients- both shorter and longer term. After brief orienting remarks by Dr. Masterson, the participants will present their clinical material for discussion. This material can vary from single interactions to vignettes to longer presentations. Particular attention will be paid to the role of therapeutic neutrality and countertransference.
- To learn therapeutic technique for psychotherapy of borderline and narcissistic patients.
- To learn the relationship of therapeutic neutrality and countertransference to therapeutic technique.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
James F. Masterson, MD Related seminars and products: 50
James F. Masterson (M.D., Jefferson Medical School, 1951) was Director of the Masterson Group, P.C., which specializes in the treatment of adolescent and adult character disorders. Additionally, he was Director of the Masterson Institute (formerly Character Disorder Foundation); attending psychiatrist at New York Hospital, Payne Whitney Clinic; and Adjunct Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Cornell University Medical College. Masterson has authored seven books and edited two volumes, mostly on the topic of psychoanalytic approaches to character disoreders and adolescents. His seminal work on the borderline personality has made him one of the most influential and studied practitioners of modern psychoanalytic methods.
- Profile at International Masterson Institute
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 03 – Supervision of Psychotherapy of Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.
- 1 [Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 03 – Supervision of Psychotherapy of Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders – James Masterson, M.D.