[Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 29 – Control Theory in the Practice of Reality Therapy – William Glasser, M.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1990
- William Glasser, MD
- 2 Hours 48 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 15, 1990
Control theory, which is a new theory of how all living organisms function, will be explained. Discussion will show how this theory supports Reality Therapy and how Reality Therapy is enhanced by the knowledge of this theory.
- To explain control theory in depth, and to show how we choose all of our behavior and that all behavior is self-initiated
- To show how Reality Therapy is a natural outgrowth of control theory
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
William Glasser, MD Related seminars and products: 45
William Glasser, MD, who received his MD degress in 1953 from Case Western Reserve University was an American psychiatrist. William was awarded an honorary doctorate in human letters by the University of San Francisco. Founder and Director of the Institute for Reality Therapy, he was authoer and editor of ten books on the topics of reality therapy and education. He was also the developer of Choice Theory. His ideas, which focus on personal choice, personal responsibility and personal transformation, are considered controversial by mainstream psychiatrists, who focus instead on classifying psychiatric syndromes as “illnesses”, and who often prescribe psychotropic medications to treat mental disorders.
- Profile at The William Glasser Institute
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 29 – Control Theory in the Practice of Reality Therapy – William Glasser, M.D.
- 1 [Audio Only] EP90 Workshop 29 – Control Theory in the Practice of Reality Therapy – William Glasser, M.D.