[Audio Only] EP95 WS01 – Supervision of Structural Family Therapy – Salvador Minuchin, M.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1995
- Salvador Minuchin, MD
- 2 Hours
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 13, 1995
Minuchin will supervise a therapist who brings a live family or a videotape of a family therapy session.
- To describe the foundations that every therapist has, and the idiosyncratic styles that constrain their intervention.
- To describe a form of supervision that, accepting the therapist’s baselines, moves toward an expansion on the repertory of therapeutic possibilities.
- To describe the process of the relationship between supervisor and supervisee.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Salvador Minuchin, MD Related seminars and products: 50
Salvador Minuchin, MD, developed Structural Family Therapy, which addresses problems within a family by charting the relationships between family members, or between subsets of family. He was Director of the Philadelphia Child Guidance Clinic. Although it was minimally staffed when he began, under his tutelage the Clinic grew to become one of the most modeled and respected child guidance facilities in the world. In 1981, Minuchin began his own family therapy center in New York. After his retirement in 1996, the center was renamed the Minuchin Center. Dr. Minuchin is the author of many notable books, including many classics. His latest is Mastering Family Therapy: Journeys of Growth and Transformation. In 2007, a survey of 2,600 practitioners named Minuchin as one of the ten most influential therapists of the past quarter-century.
- Site at the Minuchin Center.org
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP95 WS01 – Supervision of Structural Family Therapy – Salvador Minuchin, M.D.