[Audio Only] EP95 WS12 – Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D.
- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1995
- Donald Meichenbaum, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 13, 1995
The focus will be on the cognitive-behavioral treatment of adults who have been ”victimized” by natural and intentional design. Specific assessment and treatment interventions will be critically examined and demonstrated.
- To apply specific cognitive-behavioral techniques to treat traumatized clients with PTSD symptoms for reexperiencing, avoidance and hyperarousal.
- To assess and diagnose PTSD.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Donald Meichenbaum, PhD Related seminars and products: 81
Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D in Clinical Psychology is currently Research Director of Melissa Institute for Violence Prevention, Miami (melissainstitute.org). He is one of the founders of cognitive behavior therapy. He was voted one of the most influential psychotherapists of the 20th century. Latest books include “Roadmap to Resilience” (www.roadmaptoresilience.com) and “Evolution of Cognitive Behavior Therapy: A Personal and Professional Journey.”
Readmore : [Audio Only] EP95 WS12 – Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D.
- 1 [Audio Only] EP95 WS12 – Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Donald Meichenbaum, Ph.D.