[Audio Only] IC19 Conversation Hour 05 – Eating Disorders: Ericksonian Interventions with Individuals and Families – Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD
- Topic Areas:
- Conversation Hour
- IC19 – All Audio
- Erickson Congress | Erickson Congress 2019
- Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD
- 1 Hour 01 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 2019
Eating Disorders are a good example of massive interdependence among family members. Salvador Minuchin described families with Anorexia Nervosa as enmeshed families, and the interdependence it is certainly the base for enmeshment. Recent studies as well as more extended clinical experiences demonstrate that although bulimia appears to produce less reciprocal involvement, and some other form of apparent disengagement, we really can say that reciprocal interdependence in the family it always present, even if it assumes more hidden and complex forms.
The workshop deals with how to intervene in a effective therapeutic way both with Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa in order to reduce and redefine the powerful traps of interdependence.
- Explain the main forms of reciprocal interdependence in Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa families.
- Describe the special form of hypnotic inductions and treatment to be used with Eating Disorders.
- Explain some specific therapeutic problems that arise most frequently when working with Eating Disorders families.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD Related seminars and products: 38
CAMILLO LORIEDO, MD PhD, is professor of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy at the University of Rome, School of Medicine and the School of Specialization. Since 1998, he has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Milton Erickson Foundation. He has recently been elected President of the Italian Society of Psychotherapy. Since 2005, he has been a member of the Editorial Board of the American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. Loriedo has been awarded the Milton H. Erickson Lifetime Achievement Award for outstanding contributions to the field of Psychotherapy. He has authored over 350 scientific papers and 26 books.
- Camillo Loriedo at Erickson Foundation.org
Readmore : [Audio Only] IC19 Conversation Hour 05 – Eating Disorders: Ericksonian Interventions with Individuals and Families – Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD
- 1 [Audio Only] IC19 Conversation Hour 05 – Eating Disorders: Ericksonian Interventions with Individuals and Families – Camillo Loriedo, MD, PhD