[Audio Only] IC19 Topical Panel 11 – Use of Humor – Rick Miller, Donald Miretsky, Bill O’Hanlon
- Topic Areas:
- Topical Panel
- IC19 – All Audio
- Erickson Congress | Erickson Congress 2019
- Rick Miller, MSW | Donald Miretsky, M.Ed | Bill O’Hanlon, MS
- 57 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 13, 2019
Jokes can be used as a vehicle in which therapeutic messages can be couched. Humor can enliven the therapeutic situation.
- Describe how to use a joke to gift-wrap the therapeutic directive.
- Describe research findings about the use of humor in therapy.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Rick Miller, MSW Related seminars and products: 19
Rick Miller, MSW, is a clinical social worker in private practice in Boston and on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. He is the author of Unwrapped: Integrative Therapy with Gay Men… the Gift of Presence (2015). Rick has served on numerous national and international faculties, including the International Society of Hypnosis, the Brief Therapy Conference, the American Group Psychotherapy Association, and Harvard Medical School.
- Site at Rick Miller.biz
Donald Miretsky, M.Ed Related seminars and products: 3
Donald Miretsky was a family therapy seminar lecturer in the Department of Psychiatry for seven years. He has presented at local, regional, state, and national conferences as well as providing training and consultation to multiple private and state agencies. He specializes in child and family therapy as well as adult and couples issues. He utilizes Ericksonian approaches to psychotherapy. This is not simplistic trance work, but the comprehensive utilization of clinical principles individualized through assessment to meet the unique characteristics and needs of each client and/or family. Don enjoys working with issues related to personal adjustment, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
- Profile at Don Miretsky Psychotherapy.com
Bill O’Hanlon, MS Related seminars and products: 82
Bill O’Hanlon, MS, has written over 30 books, appeared on Oprah with his book Do One Thing Different, and has been a top-rated presenter at psychotherapy conferences all over the world. He was a student of the late Milton H. Erickson and created Solution-Oriented Therapy and Possibility Therapy.
- Site at Bill O’Hanlon.com
Readmore : [Audio Only] IC19 Topical Panel 11 – Use of Humor – Rick Miller, Donald Miretsky, Bill O’Hanlon
- 1 [Audio Only] IC19 Topical Panel 11 – Use of Humor – Rick Miller, Donald Miretsky, Bill O’Hanlon
- 1.0.1 Description
- 1.0.2 Faculty
- 1.0.3 Rick Miller, MSW Related seminars and products: 19
- 1.0.4 Donald Miretsky, M.Ed Related seminars and products: 3
- 1.0.5 Bill O’Hanlon, MS Related seminars and products: 82