CBT Toolbox for Children
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Amanda Crowder – CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents
Course Download Size :
- Amanda Crowder
- 5 Hours 36 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 07, 2018
“Fix my kid.” This is the desperate cry of parents and caregivers who walk into your office seeking help.
You start the therapeutic process with your go-to techniques. And your client progresses … for a while. But when they fail to make additional gains, or even regress, your skills as a therapist are put to the test. When all your usual tools have been exhausted, you’re left feeling helpless and wondering how to move forward.
Breathe new life into therapeutic approaches for resistant and avoidant cases with creative, activity-based interventions grounded in the proven success of CBT!
Amanda Crowder, LCSW, delivers an energetic, technique-heavy workshop that will give you the tools you need to harness the power of a creative, activity-based CBT approach. Amanda will provide the exercises and interventions she’s found most effective in improving outcomes for children and adolescents with disruptive behavior, trauma, ADHD, defiance, anger, anxiety, depression and family conflict.
Case examples, activities and hands-on practice will enable you to easily integrate these essential skills in your practice and allow you to individualize them for a variety of disorders and temperaments. Evidence-based techniques help you to drastically increase children’s engagement in treatment, improve emotional functioning, strengthen relationships, maximize academic engagement, and minimize acting-out behaviors. Must-have strategies create an affiliation between you, the child, and family members – boosting parent/child satisfaction, motivation and retention in therapy.
During this essential recording, Amanda will help you feel prepared and empowered to improve the lives of your most difficult-to-treat young clients with a creative, activity-based CBT approach!
|Manual – CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents (8.93 MB)||92 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|CBT Packet (4.42 MB)||20 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Instructions for ASHA Credit – SELF STUDY ONLY – 12/07/18 (0.03 MB)||Available after Purchase|
- Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning
- Identify Core Belief Systems & Negative Thinking Patterns
- Understand Cognitive Distortions
- Implement Homework
- Build Rapport & Motivation
- Importance of Family Engagement
- Creation of Self-Talk
- Cognitive Skills
- Relationship Coaching
- Skills to Modify Maladaptive Thinking
- Validation to Improve Engagement
- Identify & Utilize Feelings to Improve Communication Skills
- Cultural & Developmental Issues
- Limitations of the Research & Potential Risks
- Childhood Trauma
- Identify & Define
- Cognitive Narratives & Trauma Stories
- Utilization of Play
- Symptom Relief & Coping Mechanisms
- Assessment & Diagnosis
- Concentration & Impulse Control
- Time Management & Goal Setting
- Brain Breaks & Healthy Habits
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Planning
- Flexible Thinking
- Sensory Integration
- Perspective Taking & Relationship Building
- Manage Expectations
- ODD, Conduct Disorder, Disruptive Behaviors, & Anger
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Treatment Planning
- Anger, Aggression, & Dysregulation
- Building Alliances & Positive Relationships
- Emotional Vocabulary & Regulation
- Anxiety and OCD
- Assessment, Diagnosis, & Medications
- Externalize & Define “Bad” Worry
- Identify Body Reactions
- Assertiveness Skills
- The Need for Control
- Mood Disorder
- Mood Charting
- Reframe Thoughts
- Create Peace & Gratitude
- Body Mindfulness & Control
- Self-Injurious Behaviors, & Suicidality
- Assessment, Treatment Strategies
- Identify Negative Self-Talk
- Problem Solving & Coping Skills
- Foster Motivation
- Parental Supports
- Receive & Give Love
- Choices as a Problem-Solving Skill
- Set & Keep Limits & Boundaries
- Structure & Routine
- Rewards & Punishments
- ”Time Outs” for Parents
Amanda Crowder, LCSW Related seminars and products: 3
Calming Waters Counseling Services
Amanda Crowder, LCSW, is co-author of the best-selling book CBT Toolbox for Children and Adolescents: Over 200 Worksheets & Exercises for Trauma, ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression & Conduct Disorders (PESI, 2017). Amanda is an expert at moving evidence-based interventions into practical methods for application and moving research into action.
She has created and adapted evidence-based interventions to work with the most challenging children, adolescents, and families in the most difficult situations. By helping to establish the Trauma Informed Care initiative within Carolinas Medical Center, Amanda has proven her leadership in moving clinical concepts into practice. Amanda runs a private practice in Charlotte, NC, and continues to work for Carolinas Medical Center within a crisis center and virtual mental health emergency room.
Her specialties include depression, anxiety, trauma, behavioral issues, and family issues. Amanda uses realness, humor, and passion to build rapport with clients and audiences.
Financial: Amanda Crowder is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Amanda Crowder has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Amanda Crowder