Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
K2’s Cloud Computing
Salepage : K2’s Cloud Computing
Archive : K2’s Cloud Computing
Course Download Size :
“Cloud Computing.” You’ve heard the term, but what does it really mean and how does it impact you both personally and professionally? In this seminar, you will learn the fundamentals of Cloud computing, including what Cloud computing really is and what it is not. More importantly, you will learn necessary skills to determine if Cloud computing might be right for your organization or for your clients. Additionally, during the seminar you will learn how to migrate to Cloud-based solutions and how to avoid the major pitfalls along the way.
Throughout this program, leading solutions from organizations such as Microsoft, Google, Zoho, Thomson Reuters, CCH, Intuit, Accumatica, Sage, Salesforce.com, Wave, XCM Solutions, Bill.com, Amazon, Canopy Tax, AccountantsWorld, Xero, and many others will be reviewed to help you understand the opportunities that exist today to move your organization forward and begin increasing the return on your investment in technology. A special focus of this seminar is the impact that Cloud computing has on the accounting profession, regardless of whether you work in public accounting, industry, or for governmental, educational, or not-for-profit institutions. Don’t miss this chance to learn about Cloud computing and the potential for you to improve information services within your organization while improving efficiency and driving down costs!
Basic Course Information
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define “Cloud computing” and distinguish between various Cloud computing services
- Determine if Cloud computing is right for your organization
- Identify the major Cloud computing vendors and the key solutions provided by each of these vendors
- Create a road map for selecting a Cloud-based solution and migrating to it
- Recognize the potential pitfalls associated with Cloud-based solutions – such as security and data availability – and identifying means of avoiding these hazards
- Establish an appropriate strategy for storing data in the Cloud
- Cloud Computing
- Information Technology
Tommy Stephens received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1992, he earned a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Presently, Tommy is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Information Technology Professional, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
During his professional career, Tommy has gained valuable experience in a variety of positions, including:
- Working as an auditor and technology consultant for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm;
- Leading an Internal Audit staff and managing a Cost Accounting team for a Fortune 500 company;
- Serving as a Chief Financial Officer for an international engineering organization; and
- Founding and managing his public accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a variety of small and emerging businesses.
In 1995, Tommy began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, he affiliated with K2 Enterprises, and in 2007, he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured internationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past twenty-five years, Tommy has presented over 2,700 educational sessions to over 70,000 participants throughout the United States and Canada.
Presently, Tommy resides in Woodstock, Georgia, where he enjoys an active personal life with his wife. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, running, and other outdoor activities. Tommy maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants. Additionally, he is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Readmore: Mike Mandel