Complex Trauma Certification Course
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
J. Eric Gentry – Complex Trauma Certification Course: Evidence Based Interventions for Complex Trauma
Course Download Size :
- J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S.
- 18 Hours 29 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- May 08, 2019
Become a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level I (CCTP-Level I) and demonstrate your expertise in treating this population of trauma clients.
While the focus of many trauma trainings is to acquire the basic skills for treating posttraumatic stress, the focus of this intensive Certification Course recording is acquiring skills for effectively treating those challenging clients with complex posttraumatic stress, or C-PTSD.
You will learn evidence-based practices to help heal complex trauma, including difficult symptoms such as intense abreactions/flashbacks; severe “depression-like” shutdown and avoidance; dissociation; relational difficulties and challenges; chronic emotional and somatic dysregulation; chronic pain and psychotic symptoms.
You will leave this recording with a new structure you can apply to the entire treatment course for someone with C-PTSD that pulls from today’s most effective trauma treatment modalities. You will learn how to accelerate treatment with this all-encompassing model, instead of getting stuck trying to use just one trauma treatment modality that may not work for every client.
Best of all, upon completion of this training, you’ll be eligible for Certification as a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Level I (CCTP-Level I) through Evergreen Certifications. Certification lets colleagues, employers, and clients know that you’ve invested the extra time and effort necessary to understand the complexities of trauma. Professional standards apply.
For full certification information visit www.evergreencertifications.com/CCTP
|Manual – Complex Trauma Certification Course (39.28 MB)||179 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Foundations of Complex Trauma (C-PTSD)
Essentials of C-PTSD
Adaptations to C-PTSD
Overview of Tri-Phasic Model
Assessment & Treatment of C-PTSD
- Self-regulation of ANS dysregulation and optimization of treatment delivery
- Informed consent for C-PTSD
Assessment Skill Building
- Quantitative assessment instruments and clinical interview sufficient to accurately diagnose C-PTSD and develop preliminary treatments & case planning
- Mental status exam for C-PTSD
- Monitor treatment effectiveness & identify treatment shortcomings
- First-session interventions to enhance safety, stabilization, positive expectancy and therapeutic relationship
Stage One: Safety & Stabilization
- Assessment Skills Building (Safe vs. Not Safe)
- Case Management (External vs. Internal danger)
- Therapeutic relationship
- Common/Generic Stabilization Skills for C-PTSD
- Specialized Skills for Safety & Stabilization
- Group applications for safety & stabilization/resilience with C-PTSD
- Empirical criteria for successful completion of Stage 1 with C-PTSD clients
Stage Two: Remembrance & Mourning/Trauma Resolution
- CBT skills to lessen avoidance, arousal, shame, dysphoria, reactivity, and distorted thinking symptoms
- Compare current evidence-based/evidence-informed treatments utilized to address symptoms of C-PTSD
- Trauma-Focused CBT
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Prolonged Exposure
- Eye-Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy/Brainspotting
- Somatic Experiencing
- Sensorimotor Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Techniques/Energy Psychology
- Internal Family Systems
- Structural & Strategic Treatment for Dissociative Disorders
- Ego-State Therapy
- Treatment Skills Practice
- Attachment Trauma
- Psychoeducation/Cognitive Restructuring
- Imaginal Exposure Techniques (IFS, NLP Reframing, Frazier’s Dissociative Table)
Stage Three: Reconnection/Resilience/Posttraumatic Growth
- Strategies for accomplishing:
- Sustaining stabilization
- Self-regulation of physiology
- Self-regulation of behaviors
- Self-regulation of emotions
- Posttraumatic growth
- Spiritual maturation
- New opportunities
- Greater strength
- Greater appreciation
- New Relationships
- Forward-Facing Trauma Therapy – Healing the Moral Would (Gentry)
- Self-regulation & Direct Therapeutic Exposure (DTE)
- Covenant & code of honor
Closure: Lessons Learned
J. Eric Gentry Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S. Related seminars and products: 14
J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S., is an internationally recognized leader in the study and treatment of traumatic stress and compassion fatigue. His Ph.D. is from Florida State University, where he studied with Professor Charles Figley – a pioneer of these two fields. In 1997, he co-developed the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue-the world’s only evidence-based treatment protocol for compassion fatigue. In 1998, he introduced the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training and Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency Training. These two trainings have demonstrated treatment effectiveness for the symptoms of compassion fatigue, and he published these effects in several journals. He has trained over 100,000 health professionals over the past 20 years.
He is the co-author of Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery-a critically acclaimed text on the treatment of traumatic stress. He is also the author of the groundbreaking Forward-Facing® Trauma Therapy: Healing the Moral Wound. He is the co-author of Forward-Facing® Professional Resilience: Resolution and Prevention of Burnout, Toxic stress and Compassion Fatigue, Unlocking the Keys to Human Resilience, and Transformative Care: A Trauma-Focused Approach to Caregiving.
Financial: J. Eric Gentry receives compensation as Owner of Compassion Unlimited. He receives royalties as an author for Hogrefo & Huber Publishing. Dr. Gentry receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: J. Eric Gentry has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: J. Eric Gentry
- 1 J. Eric Gentry – Complex Trauma Certification Course: Evidence Based Interventions for Complex Trauma