Create a Successful Telehealth
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Leslie Korn – Create a Successful Telehealth Practice for Nutrition and Integrative Medicine
Course Download Size :
- Leslie Korn
- 1 Hour 24 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 09, 2020
The time is now when clients need your help to achieve optimal health and wellness while addressing common mental health problems. Telehealth has quickly shifted from something that some of us use some of the time, to one of the primary ways we will practice for the foreseeable future.
This course will show you how to transition your practice from onsite to telehealth, and how to incorporate nutrition and integrative medicine with your clients.
Join Dr. Leslie Korn, renowned integrative medicine clinician and educator, as she shares her tips from her successful telehealth practice for 20+ years. She will guide you through how to create and maintain an effective telehealth practice.
The key clinical goals you’ll learn will be:
- How to practice with individuals, families and groups via telehealth
- Tips to grow, maintain and build rapport with clients
- Multiple ways to overcome challenges to distance and technology
- Specific self-care interventions for yourself and clients using nutrition and integrative approaches
You’ll leave with clear guidelines and interventions with new confidence and competency in navigating this new telehealth world! And as an extra bonus, this course includes some yummy recipes and exercises to share with clients or try yourself!
|Manual – Create a Successful Telehealth Practice for Nutrition and Integrative Medicine (1.3 MB)||11 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Practical Consideration in Conducting Telehealth
What Do I Need for Technology & What Technology Do My Clients Need?
- Start at your own comfort level
- Isomorphic to you, your clients and to the intervention
- Which technology to select:
- Turn-key options: electronic heath record practice, e.g. Simple Practice
- A La Carte options: Zoom, Skype, Google Meet w/Gsuite, etc
- HIPPA regulations and not acceptable models – Facebook Live, Twitch, TikTok
- Paperwork management
- Boundaries and challenges for telehealth
- Tailoring activities for individuals, families or groups
- Telehealth tips for:
- Setting up your home office
- Best camera placement for eye contact & enhanced visuals
- Do’s & don’ts email, text and chat communication
Integrate Telehealth with Nutrition and Integrative Medicine
Application of the BrainBow Blueprint™
- Integrative assessment process – food-mood diary
- Client video demo of assessment
- Balance biological rhythms
- Culinary medicine
- And more!
Clinical Opportunities & Challenges
- Stay connected
- Manage the ups & downs
- Identify positive media options & limit negative
- Self-care, self-care, self-care
- Adherence strategies
Recipes and Exercises Included!
- Delight-Full Dandelion Quiche
- Vibrant Vinaigrette
- Green Tea Smoothie
- The Best Most Satisfying Chicken Wings
- Aromatherapy in the office or kitchen
- Laughter yoga exercise – you’ll laugh too!
- Legs up the wall exercise
- Rocking exercise
Leslie Korn, PH.D., MPH, LMHC, ACS, RPP, NTP, NCBTMB Related seminars and products: 12
Leslie Korn, PH.D., MPH, LMHC, ACS, RPP, NTP, NCBTMB, is a renowned integrative medicine clinician and educator specializing in the use of nutritional, herbal and culinary medicine for the treatment of trauma and emotional and chronic physical illness. She is known for her dynamism and humor as a speaker. She has provided over 50,000 hours of treatment in private practice for diverse populations. Her clinical practice focuses on providing clients effective alternatives to psychotropics. She completed her graduate education in the departments of psychiatry and public health at Harvard Medical School and her life training in the jungle of Mexico where she lived and worked alongside local healers for over 25 years. She directed a naturopathic medicine and training clinic facilitating health, culinary and fitness retreats. She is licensed and certified in nutritional therapy, mental health counseling, and bodywork (Polarity and Cranial Sacral and medical massage therapies) and is an approved clinical supervisor. She introduced somatic therapies for complex trauma patients in out-patient psychiatry at Harvard Medical school in 1985 and served as a consultant in ethnomedicine to the Trauma Clinic, Boston. She is the former clinical director and faculty of New England School of Acupuncture and faculty at the National College of Naturopathic Medicine.
She is the author of the seminal book on the body and complex trauma: Rhythms of Recovery: Trauma, Nature and the Body (Routledge, 2012), Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health (W.W. Norton, 2016), Eat Right Feel Right: Over 80 Recipes and Tips to Improve Mood, Sleep, Attention & Focus (PESI, 2017), Multicultural Counseling Workbook: Exercises, Worksheets & Games to Build Rapport with Diverse Clients (PESI, 2015) and The Good Mood Kitchen (W.W. Norton, 2017). She was a founder of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, a Fulbright scholar in Herbal Medicine and an NIH-funded scientist, in mind/body medicine. She is an approved clinical supervisor and is the research director at the Center for World Indigenous Studies where she designs culinary and herbal medicine programs with tribal communities engaged in developing integrative medicine programs.
Financial: Leslie Korn is in clinical practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Leslie Korn has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Leslie Korn