Functional Stability Training
Functional Stability Training for the Core by Mike Reinold & Eric Cressey
Price : $129.99
Sale Page: http://functionalstability.com/functional-stability-training-for-the-core/
This isn’t the standard exercise progression for the core with sit ups, infomercial gimmicks and sloppy medicine ball tosses. Rather, this is training the core to work the way it was intended to work – to provide stabilization of the trunk while simultaneously moving the extremities during functional activities.
Once you have trained the core to function properly on it’s own, functional exercise positions and progressions can occur. Far too often we are all guilty of skipping steps or not mastering the basics before moving to advanced progressions. This will only assure the reinforcement of poor movement patterns and lead to future muscle imbalances and eventual break down.
The FST for the Core program can be applied to rehabilitation, injury prevention, and performance enhancement programs. For the rehabilitation specialist, the information will help you get away from traditional passive treatments and low back rehab exercise. For the fitness and performance specialists, the information will help you achieve new progress with your clients to maximize functional and athletic potential. For the fitness enthusiast, the information will help you gain control of your core, maximize functional movement, and reduce wear and tear due to faulty movement patterns.
There are a lot of “core training” programs out there. Functional Stability Training of the Core is not intended to swamp you with the basics like non-functional anatomy of the spine or advanced to unrealistic movements that nearly impossible to perform without compensation. Rather, this program quickly gets into technique and will show you a simplified approach to think about the core based on the true function of the core.
Master the basics and learn how to control the core with FST for the Core. Simple, yet highly effective.
Here is What You Will Learn
The FST for the Core is available as a completely online educational program, as well as a DVD. The program is 6-hours of video of Mike and Eric during lecture and hands-on lab sessions teaching the FST for the Core program. Topics include:
Module 1 – Functional Stability Training
- An overview of the integrated approach to rehabilitation and performance training.
- What is functional stability training?
- Paradigm shift in core training
Module 2 – Recent Advances in Core Performance
- Understand the concept of Functional Stability Training for the Core
- The true function of the spine and core
- How this impacts injuries, rehab, and training.
Module 3 – Maintaining a Training Effect in Spite of Common Lumbar Spine and Lower Extremity Injuries
- Outlines the causes and symptoms of several common injuries encountered in the lower extremity
- How to train around these issues to keep clients/athletes fit during rehabilitation.
Module 4 – Understanding and Controlling Extension
- Looks into the causes of and problems with excessive lumbar extension, anterior pelvic tilt, and rib flairs.
Module 5 – Assessing Core Movement Quality
- A hands-on lab session discussing where to begin with Functional Stability Training exercises for the core.
Module 6 – A Dynamic Progression of Core Performance Exercises
- A hands-on lab session discussing the progression from simple core control to advanced rehab and training techniques.
Module 7 – Understanding and Controlling Extension
- A hands-on lab that progresses on the previous lecture with specific technique and coaching cues for exercises aimed toward those with these common issues.
Module 8 – Advanced Stability: Training Power Outside the Sagittal Plane
- A hands-on lab discussing how traditional power training programs are predominantly focused on the sagittal plane, but in most endeavors – especially rotational sports – power must be displayed in other planes of motion.
Readmore: Mike Reinold & Eric Cressey
- 1 Master the basics and learn how to control the core with FST for the Core. Simple, yet highly effective.
- 2 Here is What You Will Learn
- 2.0.1 Module 1 – Functional Stability Training
- 2.0.2 Module 2 – Recent Advances in Core Performance
- 2.0.3 Module 3 – Maintaining a Training Effect in Spite of Common Lumbar Spine and Lower Extremity Injuries
- 2.0.4 Module 4 – Understanding and Controlling Extension
- 2.0.5 Module 5 – Assessing Core Movement Quality
- 2.0.6 Module 6 – A Dynamic Progression of Core Performance Exercises
- 2.0.7 Module 7 – Understanding and Controlling Extension
- 2.0.8 Module 8 – Advanced Stability: Training Power Outside the Sagittal Plane