Guide to Treating Hand
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Josh Gerrity – The Ultimate Guide to Treating Hand and Wrist Injuries
Course Download Size :
- Josh Gerrity
- 5 Hours 30 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 22, 2019
Whether you want to treat the root cause of hand and wrist impairments faster, enhance your clinic’s services for patients seeking hand therapy, or add personal value within a large organization, this program will get you where you want to go.
Created by one of the most trusted names in hand therapy, The Ultimate Guide to Treating Hand and Wrist Injuries will teach you today’s top strategies for efficiently evaluating and resolving many common diagnoses.
Clinicians have seen countless patients – from assembly line workers with carpal tunnel to high level athletes with ligament injuries – rediscover the joys of functional, pain-free living using the interventions you’ll learn in this program.
Watch Josh Gerrity, OTR/L, CHT, as he shares a proven framework for rehabilitation that combines today’s best practices with over 18 years of experience helping patients recover from hand and wrist impairments in a variety of practice settings.
If you’re chasing symptoms without getting to the “why” of your patients’ impairment, you’re losing time, money, and referrals.
This recording is your path to delivering results for your patients.
Make yourself the go-to resource for resolving frustrating hand and wrist injuries in your clinic or facility, and feel the satisfaction of giving patients back the function they lost and activities they love!
|Manual – The Ultimate Guide to Treating Hand & Wrist Injuries (14.9 MB)||118 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Hot Topics in Hand Therapy
- Give your patients the benefit of cutting edge research and treatments
HANDS-ON LAB: Upgrade Your Assessment and Clinical Reasoning Skills
- Identify key hand and wrist anatomy as it relates to pathology
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with the best evaluations for:
- Range of motion
- Muscle testing
- Skin condition
HANDS-ON LAB: Revolutionize Your Rehab Toolbox for Hand and Wrist Impairments
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Improve strength, coordination and endurance
- Restore ROM
- Manage edema and scarring
- Increase function
- Enhance independence and patient confidence
HANDS-ON LAB: Combine Techniques More Effectively for Better Outcomes
- Edema control
- Pain control
- Range of motion exercises
- Home program instruction
- Scar management
- Strengthening exercises
- Endurance exercises
- Paraffin baths
- Contrast baths
- Kinesiology tape
HANDS-ON LAB: Design Advanced, Innovative Plans of Care for Your Patients
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- Carpal tunnel
- Sprains and strains
- Trigger finger
- Gamekeeper’s thumb
- Tendon injuries
- Hand edema
- De Quervain’s disease
- Boutonniére and swan neck deformities
- Sagittal band injuries
- Triangular fibrocartilage injuries
- Ligament injuries and disruptions
- Crush injuries
CASE STUDIES: Put Knowledge to Practice
- Case study 1: Correctly select the root cause of impairment
- Case study 2: Problem solve a complex hand injury and develop an effective treatment plan
- Case study 3: Develop an advanced plan of care for a patient with De Quervain’s
- Case study 4: Overcome barriers to effective strategy implementation
Don’t Leave Money on the Table!
- Coding and billing updates
- Justify therapy with the right progress measures
- Avoid denials and audits with these tips
Josh Gerrity, OTR/L, CHT, Related seminars and products: 3
Josh Gerrity, OTR/L, CHT, is an expert in hand therapy with over 18 years of experience helping patients recover from hand and wrist impairments and return to normal daily function. Certified in hand therapy, he practices at the Bone and Joint Center in Bismarck, ND, where he works with a group of hand specialists and orthopedic surgeons.
Mr. Gerrity travels nationally to present seminars on hand therapy, and he is known for his dynamic, hands-on teaching style. He serves as a guest lecturer on rehabilitation of hand pathologies for the University of Mary, his alma mater, and he also participates in a biannual Orthopedic Update Seminar held in Bismarck for therapists, physicians, and nurses in the North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana region.
Financial: Josh Gerrity has an employment relationship with Bone and Joint Center. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Josh Gerrity has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Josh Gerrity