Intensive Training in Nutrition
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Kristen Allott – 2-Day Intensive Training in Nutrition for Mental Health Disorders: Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Strategies that Work!
Course Download Size :
- Kristen Allott
- 12 Hours 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 16, 2020
We have all had clients who come into the office in a depressed or anxious state, and yet they cannot identify just what is bothering them. Children are brought in with symptoms of ADHD, clients with addictions struggle to gain control of themselves, and others suffer with physical complaints in addition to mental health issues. It’s frustrating when traditional talk therapy is not quite enough to break through and it feels like something else is needed to meet your treatment goals.
That missing piece you’re looking for? It’s here – the mind-body connection.
Kristen Allott is a naturopathic physician specializing in alternative and nutritional approaches to mental health disorders, and she is here to help you bring this missing piece to your clients.
Imagine an increase in your client’s energy and mental clarity, allowing them to be more engaged in the therapeutic process. Simplify sessions when you readily have dozens of effective, simple strategies at your fingertips that enhance and complement your current treatment interventions. Feel your confidence improve when you identify nutritional deficiencies that contribute to anxiety, anger, depression, PTSD, or ADHD.
Don’t risk missing out on this key piece of treatment – purchase this recording today to improve outcomes for your clients!
|Manual – Nutrition for Mental Health Disorders (13.52 MB)||122 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Certificate Instructions|
ASSESSMENT & TREATMENT PLANNING
How Foods Affect Moods
- Carbohydrates – A new way to think about cravings
- Effects protein may have on depression and anxiety
- Fats for mental health (depression, ADHD, bipolar)
- The connection between food, depression, diabetes, & obesity
- Physiological causes of fatigue, depression, and anxiety
- Anxiety/anger and hypoglycemia
Simple Screening Tools to Identify Nutritional Deficiencies Contributing to:
- Lack of mental clarity
- Other mental health concerns
Symptoms of Deficiencies and Co-Morbid Conditions
- Type 2 diabetes
- Anxiety or hypoglycemia?
- Depressed, fatigued, or malnourished?
- Hormonal imbalance
Referring to Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) and Primary Care Providers
- When to refer
- Who to refer a client to
- Where to find appropriate providers
- 5 Questions to ask before referring
NON-PHARMACEUTICAL TREATMENT STRATEGIES
Practical Tools to Boost Treatment Results, Improve Energy, and Gain Mental Clarity
- Fats: the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Sleep: how to go to sleep, how to stay asleep, how to wake up
- Reduce night terrors
- Move your body
- Feed your brain
Holistic Assessment and Treatment Interventions for:
- Anxiety disorders
- Clients who want to stop their medications
- Psychosomatic symptoms
- Side effects of medications
- Pain syndromes
- Pre-menstrual syndrome and menopausal symptoms
Interventions in Action – Working Together to Learn and Role Playing
- How to assess diet, exercise, and sleep without shaming a client
- Diet and exercise history assessment
- Improve energy and mental clarity through 3 days of protein
- Protein for All program
- Special concerns – vegetarian, gluten free, or those that don’t cook
- The power of movement – when is it helpful vs. too much?
- Action items for discussing weight and diabetes with clients
Kristen Allott, ND, LAc Related seminars and products: 2
Kristen Allott, ND, LAc, is a high energy and enthusiastic speaker who is passionate about integrative medicine. As a licensed naturopathic physician and acupuncturist, she has a private practice where she specializes in working with the clients of mental health professionals and is passionate about achievable results. Dr. Allott has developed a reputation for assisting clients in making simple changes in their food choices and for addressing nutritional deficiencies that contribute to the symptoms of anxiety, depression, addictions and other mental health disorders. Dr. Allott regularly presents at psychiatric nurse practitioner conventions on non-pharmaceutical interventions for mental health. Additionally, she consults with Court Improvement Training Academy (CITA) at the University of Washington to develop the Protein for all Project to optimize the brains in the high stakes environment of Juvenile and Family Court System in the State of Washington.
Dr. Allott has worked as a residential counselor for adolescents in mental health crises and advocated for the educational rights for individuals with learning disabilities. She is on the academic faculty at Bastyr University and serves as a guest lecturer for a variety of groups. As a physician and acupuncturist, she enjoys studying how daily life affects the biochemistry, physiology, and qi (energy) of the body. As a black belt in Aikido, she has studied the intimate connections between the mind, emotions, and body.
Financial: Kristen Allott is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Kristen Allott references the off-label use of Nordic Naturals and Carlson’s during her presentation.
Readmore: Kristen Allott
- 1 Kristen Allott – 2-Day Intensive Training in Nutrition for Mental Health Disorders: Non-Pharmaceutical Treatment Strategies that Work!