Interventions for Anxiety
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Jamie Marich – EMDR & Mindfulness: Interventions for Anxiety, Depression, Panic, Trauma, and Other Disorders
Course Download Size :
- Jamie Marich
- 5 Hours 50 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 18, 2016
You will take home:
- Tools to help clients re-wire their brains toward health
- Strategies to implement self-help techniques from EMDR
- Neurobiology of trauma and neuroplasticity
- Importance of Stabilization in a 3-Stage Treatment Triangle
- The roll of EMDR in the 3-Stage Model
- 7+ Mindfulness Practices – for you and your clients – you can implement immediately
Watch this recording and gain a deepen understanding of both Mindfulness and EMDR. Learn how and why they can be powerful tools for healing, and with whom and when it is suitable to use each. Experience various practices of Mindfulness, and leave with skills to teach Mindfulness to your clients. Increase your knowledge of how trauma affects the brain, and how Mindfulness and EMDR can improve patient outcomes. Clinicians not trained in EMDR: gain an overview of EMDR, how and why it works. Clinicians already trained in EMDR: update your skills and enhance your ability to use Mindfulness to deepen your sessions.
Dr. Jamie Marich is not only an EMDR expert, author, speaker and practicing clinician, she is the creator of ‘Dancing Mindfulness,’ a powerful community-based practice that teaches people mindfulness principles through creative expression. She is known for her natural way of presenting the “complex” in very relatable terms that translates into you having real-life, effective tools to take back to your offices!
In addition to the seminar you will take home a manual with dozens of specific strategies along with numerous recent citations from scientific literature attesting to the efficacy of EMDR and Mindfulness.
|Webcast Manual (4.68 MB)||60 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Mindfulness and the process of healing
- 7 Mindfulness practices you can use to help clients:
- reduce anxiety
- alleviate depressed state
- control eating impulses
- manage anger/road rage/impulsive actions
- recover or develop “safer” physical & emotional sensations
- access all of the senses for optimal healing
EMDR—Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing
- How it can alleviate PTSD, anxiety, other disorders
- Assessment to determine client suitability for EMDR treatment
- Importance of stabilization before and during trauma treatment
- Overview of adaptive information processing: genetic, biological, & social origins of anxiety, depression, PTSD & other illnesses
- EMDR uses with children and adults with PTSD (veterans, rape, emotional/ sexual abuse, accident survivors) & other disorders
- 8-stage protocol of EMDR within the 3-Stage model of trauma treatment
Mindfulness Integrated with EMDR
- Easy-to-learn, mindful self-help strategies from the EMDR approach
- Latest research in neuroplasticity of the brain: correlation to disease/health/ hopelessness/happiness
- Clinical applications for:
- “normal neurotics” (including clinicians)
- challenging disorders such as anxiety, panic & eating disorders, social phobias, depression, etc.
- performance enhancement, healthier relationships, strengthened sense of self-control, heightened self-esteem, future planning, etc.
- 3-Stage Treatment Triangle: from Stabilization through Processing through Actualization
Jamie Marich, PhD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, REAT Related seminars and products: 5
Dancing Mindfulness: A Creative Path to Healing and Transformation
Jamie Marich, PhD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, REAT, describes herself as a facilitator of transformative experiences. A clinical trauma specialist, expressive artist, writer, yogini, performer, short filmmaker, Reiki master, TEDx speaker, and recovery advocate, she unites all of these elements in her mission to inspire healing in others. She began her career as a humanitarian aid worker in Bosnia-Hercegovina from 2000-2003, primarily teaching English and music. Jamie travels internationally teaching on topics related to trauma, EMDR therapy, expressive arts, mindfulness, and yoga, while maintaining a private practice in her home base of Warren, OH. Marich is the founder of the Institute for Creative Mindfulness and the developer of the Dancing Mindfulness practice to expressive arts therapy. She is also the co-creator of the Yoga Unchained approach to trauma-informed yoga, and the developer of Yoga for Clinicians.
Marich is the author of EMDR Made Simple: 4 Approaches for Using EMDR with Every Client (2011), Trauma and the Twelve Steps: A Complete Guide for Recovery Enhancement (2012), Creative Mindfulness (2013), Trauma Made Simple: Competencies in Assessment, Treatment, and Working with Survivors, and Dancing Mindfulness: A Creative Path to Healing and Transformation (2015). Marich co-authored EMDR Therapy & Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused Care along with colleague Dr. Stephen Dansiger, which was released with Springer Publishing in 2017. Process Not Perfection: Expressive Arts Solutions for Trauma Recovery, released in April 2019. North Atlantic Books published a revised and expanded edition of Trauma and the 12 Steps, in the Summer of 2020. The New York Times featured Marich’s writing and work on Dancing Mindfulness in 2017. NALGAP: The Association of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Addiction Professionals and Their Allies awarded Jamie with their esteemed President’s Award in 2015 for her work as an LGBT advocate. The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) granted Jamie the 2019 Advocacy in EMDR Award for her using her public platform in media and in the addiction field to advance awareness about EMDR therapy and to reduce stigma around mental health.
Financial: Jamie Marich is the Founder/Director of Mindful Ohio and The Institute for Creative Mindfulness. She receives royalties as an author for PESI Publishing and Media. Dr. Marich receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Jamie Marich has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Jamie Marich
- 1 Jamie Marich – EMDR & Mindfulness: Interventions for Anxiety, Depression, Panic, Trauma, and Other Disorders