LONGMAN – Dictionary of Contemporary English 5th Edition 2009
- 230,000 words, phrases and meanings – more than any other advanced learner’s dictionary
- 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network.
- Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
- Over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words.
- Over 65,000 collocations.
- The top 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English are highlighted to show which are the most important to know.
- NEW Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 65,000 collocations will improve students’ fluency.
- NEW Integrated Thesaurus. Over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve vocabulary range.
- NEW Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
- Academic Word List highlighted.
- Grammar and warning notes ensure that students avoid common errors.
- NEW text design ensures students can find information fast.
The Longman Vocabulary Trainer tests your knowledge of a word – its meaning, grammar, collocation and usage – then remembers how well you know that word. The word is then recycled and retested at different intervals so the word is never forgotten!
You can download the Longman Vocabulary Trainer to your mobile phone to make the most of learning on the go!