Mastering Lab Interpretation
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Sean G. Smith – Mastering Lab Interpretation: Deciphering the Hidden Clues
Course Download Size :
- Sean G. Smith
- 6 Hours 21 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 05, 2019
The lab work you have been patiently waiting for comes back normal…yet you know something just isn’t right! Do you know how to decipher the hidden clues and prepare for possible complications? Do you wish you had more confidence in your interpretation skills?
Look beyond the numbers and finally understand what the values mean. Master lab interpretation with this cutting-edge program that will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the full spectrum of lab tests used today. Learn the hidden clues of labs, understand why they are ordered, discern the pathophysiology behind abnormal values, and anticipate the types of symptoms your patient will show as the values deteriorate or improve.
Gain the confidence you need to manage the next patient emergency.
|Manual – Mastering Lab Interpretation (9.60 MB)||86 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Getting the Most Out of the CBC
- Identifying the Cause of Abnormal Findings
- Understanding the Significance of LFTs
- The Left Shift Explained
- Transfusions and Unplanned Complications
Beyond the “Basics” of the BMP
- When “Normal” Doesn’t Represent Homeostasis
- Important Implications for Patient Management
- Anticipated EKG Changes
- When to Watch and When to Treat
Liver Labs and Coagulation Complications
- CMP: Indications and Implications
- Master the Clotting Cascade
- Recognizing Life-threatening Complications
- Current Treatment Strategies
- The Right Lab Test for the Medication
- Managing DIC
Cardiac Labs: Time is Muscle!
- Integrating Findings into the Comprehensive Cardiac Assessment
- Oxygenation, Ventilation, Acid-Base Status and More
- Patient Monitoring Guidelines
- Optimizing Therapy
Preventing Endocrine Emergencies
- Responding to Critical Lab Findings
- Preventing Complications
- The Dangers of Insulin Replacement
- Patient Safety Considerations
ABGs: Identifying the Underlying Abnormality
- Interpretation: It’s Easier Than You Think!
- Treatment Strategies for Acidosis and Alkalosis
- Understanding the Body’s Compensatory Efforts
Preventing & Treating Infections
- Early Signs of Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Protocols: What Works and What’s Next
- Lumbar Puncture Indications
Identifying the Cause of Acute Renal Failure
- Critical Values: Creatinine, BUN, GFR Putting It All Together
- First Line Interventions
Sean G. Smith, C-EFM, C-NPT, FP-C, TP-C, RNC-NIC, CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CCRN-CMC (Adult), CCRN-K (Neonatal), CCRN-K (Pediatric) Related seminars and products: 11
Critical-Care Professionals International
Sean G. Smith, C-EFM, C-NPT, FP-C, TP-C, RNC-NIC, CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CCRN-CMC (Adult), CCRN-K (Neonatal), CCRN-K (Pediatric), is a flight nurse-paramedic who has practiced and taught Trauma Care, Tactical Medicine, Emergency/Critical Care and Prehospital Emergency Medical Services, both in the military and the civilian world. He holds degrees in nursing and molecular biology, is a graduate of Duke University’s Legal Nurse Consulting program and is currently pursuing a master’s degree through the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. He holds multiple advanced specialty certifications as well as extensive instructor qualifications in critical care and emergency medicine.
Career highlights include numerous author/co-author credits, including: a best-selling Laboratory Medicine textbook, a chapter on Shock in Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum, and a section in the newly released Resuscitation Crisis Manual. Sean consults on clinical, legal and certification prep for numerous high-profile hospital systems (Yale, Mayo…). He routinely lectures at national/international conferences, has completed 50 + medical missions (Dominican Republic, Honduras, Morocco, Liberia, and Haiti), and medical support to the NASA Space Shuttle Program.
Financial: Sean G. Smith receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sean G. Smith has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Readmore: Sean G. Smith
- 1 Sean G. Smith – Mastering Lab Interpretation: Deciphering the Hidden Clues