Physical Preparation 101
Mike Robertson – Physical Preparation 101
Get My Complete Training System and Use My Proven Formula to Immediately Improve the Results You’re Delivering to Your Clients and Athletes…NOW
Deliver Better Results and Make More Money
with My Complete Training Blueprint
A True Training System…
Not a Collection of Exercises, Sets and Reps
The Physical Preparation 101 Training System
The Physical Preparation 101 series is a two-day seminar I recorded while lecturing in Dublin, Ireland.
The goal of the program was to give the trainers and coaches who attended an in-depth analysis of my training system.
Great programming is the starting point – you need to know the X’s and O’s to make sure that the workouts you create will give the desired effect.
But even the best program is worthless without great coaching to back it up.
You could prescribe all the right exercises, but if your clients and athletes aren’t executing them with proper technique, then they won’t get the results that they would expect!
Here’s an overview of what we cover in this video series:
- R7 – A programming template you can use to build consistently great programs (that get AMAZING results)
- The PRINCIPLES of smart training and conditioning that have stood up to the test of time
- The nuts and bolts of program design – sets, reps, rest periods and time under tension – and how to manipulate them for maximal progress
- Sample programs and templates for fat loss, muscle gain, strength and athletic development
- The single-biggest issue you’ll see with breathing and core exercises – and HOW TO FIX IT
- How to have someone squat safely and effectively in their very first session
- A progression to coach the deadlift that will stop lower back issues in their tracks
- Overhead exercises – should you use them? And if so, how do you get someone overhead safely and effectively?
- Reaching vs. Rowing – A CRITICAL distinction in your programming that will put you light-years ahead of your competition
- The REAL reason you should put single-leg and split-stance work in your programming (HINT: It’s not about strength!)
But that’s just a quick overview; here’s a complete breakdown of what you’ll learn in each DVD:
Video 1 – The R7 Approach to Training
When we’re first starting out, program design is one of the most challenging aspects of our job.
However, that’s only because you don’t have a template to build your programs from. Each one is made uniquely – from scratch.
Once you understand and apply the R7 approach to your program design, you’ll immediately write superior programs, in less time than ever before.
Video 2 – 10 Principles of Smart Training
In this day and age of “new” exercises and training protocols, it’s time to get back to basics.
What are the principles that lie underneath every great training program?
Once you know and understand these 10 principles, writing programs and customizing the training process will become infinitely easier.
Videos 3 & 4 – Program Design 101
Every program we’ve created has used sets, reps, rest periods and time under tension to create a training effect.
But having a deeper understanding of how all these variables work together to create adaptation is crucial.
In this talk, I go deep on the variables we have at our disposal, and show you how to bring them all together to supercharge your training programs.
Video 5 – The Intelligent Approach to Conditioning
Conditioning is not a “one-size-fits-all” approach.
Just like you need to tweak your exercise selection, sets and reps based on the client in front of you, the same goes for the conditioning you prescribe.
In this lecture we discuss the various methods of energy system training at your disposal, and how each one should fit into the programs you create.
Video 6 – Sample Programming
Up to this point, you’ve got an incredible overview of program design, and how to lay out superior training programs.
But rather than leave it at that, I took the time to show sample programs for clients who want to build muscle, lose fat, build strength, or improve their athleticism.
Why start from scratch, when you can have a reference guide to help you get started? This DVD will bring all the pieces together, and help you start writing better programs TODAY.
Video 7 – Coaching Breathing and Core Training
Breathing is a hot topic in the industry today, and for good reason.
But what most people don’t realize is that many coaches cue “belly breathing” or “diaphragmatic breathing” totally wrong!
In this video I discuss the various aspects of proper breathing, and then show how proper breathing lays the foundation for effective core training.
Video 8 – Coaching the Squat
The squat has been vilified for years now, even though it’s a fundamental movement pattern that we must work to maintain.
Quite simply, squatting is something that every client or athlete should be working on.
In this video I show you how we coach the squat, as well as the exercises that we’ve found to get anyone squatting safely in a matter of minutes.
Video 9 – Coaching the Deadlift
Many coaches are wary of the deadlift, because their clients or athletes have struggled with lower back issues in the past.
In this video we break down the deadlift, and show ways to cue the exercise that will effectively load the glutes and hamstrings, while keeping pressure off the low back.
The progression I outline here can make a profound impact on how your clients move and feel.
Video 10 – Coaching Horizontal Reaching and Rowing Exercises
Horizontal reaching and rowing exercises look simple at first glance, but many of our clients and athletes aren’t doing them correctly!
Furthermore, why should we opt for reaching exercises early-on in a program, versus the standard bench press variations?
In this video, we not only break down progressions and regressions for reaching and rowing, but really dive in to explore what good technique looks and feels like.
Video 11 – Coaching Vertical Reaching and Rowing Exercises
Going overhead may not be in the cards for every client or athlete we train.
However, there’s a key distinction between loading and learning – and most of our clients and athletes need to learn how to go overhead, even if they don’t load it.
This video will cover the variations and progressions we use to take someone from horizontal exercises to vertical exercises in the safest and most effective manner possible.
Video 12 – Coaching Split-Stance and Single-Leg Exercises
While strength and power are built around exercises like squats and deadlifts, stability and control are crucial for single-leg and split-stance work.
However, most jump blindly into these variations, without understanding how to derive maximal benefit.
In this video we’ll discuss how to get the most out of your single-leg and split-stance work, and give you a sequence that will streamline the process.
But Wait – There’s More!
I’m absolutely positive you’re going to love the materials in this video series, but I really want to over-deliver. As such, here are some bonus items I’m going to throw in to crank the value up a notch.
Bonus Item #1 – A 1-Hour Q&A Call (MP3 Audio File)
One month after our launch wraps up, I’m going to do a Q&A call for people who purchased the product.
Here, you’ll get a chance to ask your most pressing questions, and the ones I see most often will get answered.
Quite simply, this will be just another way to dig in and really learn the materials.
Bonus Item #2 – The Complete Progressions and Regressions Document (PDF)
While I cover progressions and regressions for all of the big movement patterns in the DVD’s, this is an even more in-depth guide.
In this document we’ll cover alternate routes, as well as some of the smaller or lesser known movement patterns to make sure you’re doing things in a sequential fashion.
Bonus Item #3 – The Top 7 Fat Loss Finishers (PDF)
Every single one of us does some degree of fat loss training.
Here are seven of my absolute favorite finishers for fat loss clients, along with some funny anecdotes as to how we came up with them in the first place.
Bonus Item #4 – All of the Seminar Slides (PDF)
All of the slides have been conveniently inserted right into the videos, but I’ve provided downloadable versions for you as well.
This way you can review them right along with the materials, or print them off and make notes alongside the videos.
Readmore: Mike Robertson
- 0.1 Physical Preparation 101
- 0.2 Mike Robertson – Physical Preparation 101
- 1 Get My Complete Training System and Use My Proven Formula to Immediately Improve the Results You’re Delivering to Your Clients and Athletes…NOW
- 2 A True Training System… Not a Collection of Exercises, Sets and Reps
- 3 The Physical Preparation 101 Training System
- 3.1 Video 1 – The R7 Approach to Training
- 3.2 Video 2 – 10 Principles of Smart Training
- 3.3 Videos 3 & 4 – Program Design 101
- 3.4 Video 5 – The Intelligent Approach to Conditioning
- 3.5 Video 6 – Sample Programming
- 3.6 Video 7 – Coaching Breathing and Core Training
- 3.7 Video 8 – Coaching the Squat
- 3.8 Video 9 – Coaching the Deadlift
- 3.9 Video 10 – Coaching Horizontal Reaching and Rowing Exercises
- 3.10 Video 11 – Coaching Vertical Reaching and Rowing Exercises
- 3.11 Video 12 – Coaching Split-Stance and Single-Leg Exercises
- 4 But Wait – There’s More!