Preventing and Treating Infection
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Cyndi Zarbano – Preventing and Treating Infection: Sepsis and Microbiology Lab Tests
Course Download Size :
- Cyndi Zarbano
- 1 Hour 26 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Feb 17, 2017
You will learn to correctly diagnose a broad spectrum of possible infectious agents through a review of systems, sources of infection, diseases, and treatments. Through understanding of both common and uncommon, yet still vital, diagnoses you will improve your treatment level through this important course.
- Surviving Sepsis Guidelines
- Sepsis Lab Findings
- 3-hour and 6-hour Bundles
- Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
- Lumbar Puncture
- CSF Headache
- Cultures & Sensitivity
- Gram Stain
- Choosing Antibiotics
- Communicate the role lactate levels serve in identifying and treating sepsis.
- Evaluate the components of the 3-hour and 6-hour bundles in the Surviving Sepsis Guidelines.
- Inspect the findings in a urinalysis that support the diagnosis of an UTI.
- Assess spinal fluid findings to differentiate between viral and bacterial meningitis and encephalitis.
- Communicate two ways the gram stain and sensitivity can guide selection of antibiotics.
|Manual (1.78 MB)||47 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC Related seminars and products: 48
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, has been a nurse for more than 25 years and a legal nurse consultant (LNC) for 12. Many of her cases in the last decade have been consulting and educating nurses who have gotten into trouble with the board of nursing and helping hem complete their corrective action stipulations. Medication errors and patient injury are a common cause of corrective action, license suspension and loss of license.
Cyndi’s clinical area of expertise has been in various intensive care/critical care roles, currently working for Mayo in Minnesota. She has been a national seminar speaker for over ten years speaking to diverse healthcare audiences throughout the country. During her presentations, she has earned the reputation of keeping attendees engaged with the use of current clinical knowledge, fascinating legal stories, and the interjection of nursing humor to keep it fun.
Financial: Cyndi Zarbano is the owner of Clinical Review Consultants. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Cyndi Zarbano has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Cyndi Zarbano