Structural Integration Perspective
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Lu Mueller-Kaul – Myofascial Mobilizations for Fast Relief: A Structural Integration Perspective
Course Download Size :
- Lu Mueller-Kaul
- 6 Hours 4 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Oct 14, 2015
Myofascial modalities have gained popularity with aiding in recovery after injuries by improving range of motion and reducing pain. Structural imbalance is not usually the reason for recurring pain and tension; the real problem is lack of mobility. Unfortunately, there is a lot of pseudoscience in the marketing of myofascial techniques, making them easy targets for critics and skeptics. Taking the criticism to heart, Lu Mueller-Kaul teaches a modern approach to myofascial work, targeting function over posture.
Evaluations and interventions in this recording focus on giving the musculoskeletal system better, more efficient mobility instead of “perfect posture.” This approach is not only consistent with scientific findings that show how much immobility harms the body–it’s also FAST and EASY. You will learn interventions for pain relief and improved range of motion that can be performed in short sessions of 20 minutes.
These easily learned techniques are utilized to approach pain, tension, and limited range of motion in the pelvic and shoulder girdle. Successfully using these techniques reveals better mobility, improved posture in sitting and standing, and often immediate pain relief.
|Manual – Myofascial Mobilizations (7.15 MB)||52 Pages||Available after Purchase|
PRINCLIPLES OF EVALUATION
- Considering gravity
- Big patterns vs. small details
- Find out what areas to address first in treatment
EFFECTIVE EVALUATIONS –LAB
- Recognition of common posture patterns; demonstrations and explanations of:
- Forward head posture
- Impingement syndrome
- Excessive kyphosis and lordosis
- Anterior pelvis
- Pronated feet
- Practice fast posture evaluation in small groups
- Recognition of common gait patterns; demonstrations and explanations of:
- Toe walking
- Heel walking
- Military gait
- Practice fast gait evaluation in small groups
- Practice gait corrections for heel walking and military gait
- Practice movement evaluations for stiff kyphosis and hyperlordosis/anterior pelvis
- Asking for the client’s goals
- Trial and error as a guiding principle
- Determining a strategy for one session or a series of sessions
- Taking guidance from the client; teaching clients to give feedback
- Discussing recent research: pain physiology and pathology
- What does this mean for treatment
HANDS-ON LAB: MYOFASCIAL MOBILIZATION TECHNIQUES
- Palpation and treatment simultaneously
- Separating attachments
- Two-handed pull
- Mobilization under stretch
HANDS-ON LAB: TREATMENT OF COMMON PROBLEMS
- Neck pain, shoulder pain, and tension
- Low back pain and sciatica
- Practice myofascial mobilization
- Applying manual therapy with the client in various positions
- Lying on the side
Lu Mueller-Kaul Related seminars and products: 1
LMT, Certified Rolfer™, Rolf Movement® Teacher
Lu Mueller-Kaul, LMT, Certified Rolfer™, Rolf Movement® Teacher, is a licensed massage therapist with more than 15 years of experience treating back pain with manual therapy techniques. She started her career in alternative medicine as a naturopathic physician in Germany and later came to the United States to study Rolfing® Structural Integration. In 2008, seeking to offer patient-centered medical massage treatments, Lu started Balance Massage and Structural Bodywork in the College Park neighborhood of Orlando.
She believes a patient’s independence should be a therapist’s highest goal, and has focused on creating an environment where her staff can build lasting relationships, focus on the patient’s real needs, and deliver long-term healing. Her approach to Structural Integration is guided by what she learns from her clients and by evaluating the latest research.
Financial: Lu Mueller-Kaul is the owner of Balance Orlando. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Lu Mueller-Kaul has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Lu Mueller-Kaul
- 1 Lu Mueller-Kaul – Myofascial Mobilizations for Fast Relief: A Structural Integration Perspective