Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Hilary Waller – Telehealth Treatment for Postpartum Depression and Related Disorders
Course Download Size :
- Hilary Waller
- 1 Hour 52 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 13, 2020
Watch this compelling 2-hour recording and gain tools to intervene during a critical period that does not offer the luxury of time. Postpartum women are exceptionally vulnerable, as are their infants who are fully dependent on them. And given that suicide is the 2nd leading cause of maternal death, this program is a must-see for any professional working remotely with pregnant or postpartum women.
Gain the tools you need to translate the “art” of perinatal treatment to telehealth – so new mothers can begin to experience relief from their suffering.
|Manual – Telehealth Treatment for Postpartum Depression and Related Disorders (13.7 MB)||28 Pages||Available after Purchase|
PMAD’s at a Glance: Best Practices for Virtual Care
- Key terms and concepts
- Best practices for screening and recommended treatment approaches
- Empirical and anecdotal evidence in support of telehealth for PMAD’S
- Pros and cons of telehealth in the perinatal period
Perinatal Telehealth: Treatment Strategies and Approaches
- Kleiman’s “holding” approach to perinatal therapy
- Defining and developing the perinatal holding environment
- 6 holding points
- Developing a holding environment via telehealth
- 6 tools for augmenting the client experience of holding
- Translating holding principles to virtual care
Therapist Vulnerability and Perinatal Telehealth
- Reasons for increased therapist vulnerability in this specialty/Countertransference
- Ethical decision making: Boundaries/ Self-disclosure
- 3 tools for therapist self-holding during and after telehealth session
- Escalation of care
- Examining the underlying reasons for use of telehealth vs. in office treatment
- Pandemics and other extenuating circumstances
Hilary Waller Related seminars and products: 2
The Postpartum Stress Center
Hilary Waller, MS, LPC, is a psychotherapist who specializes in the treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. She is the Director of Education and Programming at The Postpartum Stress Center outside of Philadelphia, which was founded by renowned perinatal expert Karen Kleiman and was listed in Philly Magazine as a “Center of Excellence” for Maternal/Fetal Care in 2008. In addition to providing direct care services to individuals, couples and groups at the center, Hilary serves as an instructor providing a quarterly 12 CE hour post-graduate training for clinicians across the US and abroad who want to specialize in treating the perinatal population. Hilary also conducts workshops and trainings for maternal mental healthcare providers as well as non-clinical staff working with the perinatal population. Hilary completed her master’s degree in counseling psychology from Holy Family University in 2013. Hilary is deeply honored to support new parents as they navigate the challenges pregnancy and parenthood present.
Financial: Hilary Waller has an employment relationship with The Postpartum Stress Center. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Hilary Waller is a member of the American Counseling Association; National Certified Counselor; and the Postpartum Support International.
Readmore: Hilary Waller