Testing and Auditing Excel
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
K2’s Testing and Auditing Excel Workbooks
Salepage : K2’s Testing and Auditing Excel Workbooks
Course Download Size :
Excel errors continue to plague organizations of all sizes – estimates peg the error rate at approximately 90%. As spreadsheets become ever-more common, testing and auditing Excel workbooks becomes more necessary than ever to mitigate the effects these errors could have on virtually every Excel user and those who rely on Excel-based data and analyses. Fortunately, that need not be the case because many options exist to prevent, identify, and correct spreadsheet errors before they adversely affect reports and decision-making processes and in this session you will learn procedures for testing and auditing Excel workbooks.
In this session you will learn how to apply best practices to reduce the error rate in workbooks that you and others on your team create and edit. Equally important, you will learn how to take advantage of add-ins for Excel that can programmatically scan and audit your spreadsheets to identify potentially disastrous errors while there is still time to correct them. You do not want to miss this opportunity to learn how tools such as PerfectXL, ClusterSeven, and ActiveData can help you and your team to identify and correct potentially disastrous spreadsheet errors.
Basic Course Information
- List common causes of spreadsheet errors and the potential impact of these errors
- Identify best practices to reduce the number of errors in Excel workbooks
- Implement various Excel add-ins to programmatically identify spreadsheet errors
- Causes of spreadsheet errors
- Real-world examples of spreadsheet errors
- Best practices for spreadsheet design
- Tools to assist in identifying and addressing risk factors in Excel spreadsheets
Tommy Stephens received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree (Major in Accounting) from Auburn University in 1985. In 1992, he earned a Master of Science degree (Major in Finance) from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Presently, Tommy is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Information Technology Professional, and a Chartered Global Management Accountant.
During his professional career, Tommy has gained valuable experience in a variety of positions, including:
- Working as an auditor and technology consultant for an Atlanta-based public accounting firm;
- Leading an Internal Audit staff and managing a Cost Accounting team for a Fortune 500 company;
- Serving as a Chief Financial Officer for an international engineering organization; and
- Founding and managing his public accounting firm that provides accounting, tax, and consulting services to individuals and a variety of small and emerging businesses.
In 1995, Tommy began authoring and presenting continuing professional education courses to accounting and finance professionals. In 2003, he affiliated with K2 Enterprises, and in 2007, he joined the firm as a partner. To date, he has lectured internationally on subjects such as internal controls for small businesses, technology strategies, computer hardware and software applications, tax strategies and compliance, and financial accounting standards and applications. Over the past twenty-five years, Tommy has presented over 2,700 educational sessions to over 70,000 participants throughout the United States and Canada.
Presently, Tommy resides in Woodstock, Georgia, where he enjoys an active personal life with his wife. His hobbies include snow skiing, fishing, running, and other outdoor activities. Tommy maintains professional memberships with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants. Additionally, he is a past member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Readmore: Internet Marketing