Transform Your Resume
Transform Your Resume from Ordinary to Remarkable…in One Night
Finally…a PROVEN program that shows you
exactly how to transform your resume
and cover letter from ordinary to remarkable… in one night.
Join my students who’ve mastered the 3 steps to turn your resume into an Interview Magnet
You CAN skip the resume “black hole of doom.” Discover the powerful resume secrets that helped secure job offers at Google, Intuit, a multibillion-dollar hedge fund and 100+ other companies:
- Even if you don’t have a lot of experience
- Even if you have holes in your resume
- Even if you’re trying to switch industries
- Even if you think you don’t have any accomplishments worth mentioning
“You changed our lives. My husband has been out of work since October, 2011. A friend shared your videos with him… Today, he had a phone interview with Apple. He got the job. Thank you so much.” Denise M
“Used your interviewing and resume tactics for the first time on Jan. 19 and got offer on Jan. 24. This happened after 3 1/2 months of job searching and I got a position that quickly after using the tactics you teach only once. My new position is an $8,000.00 increase over my last with great benefits.” Kesha W
Big props to Ramit for his badass resume advice. Just had a friend use his resume advice which got him a job offer within 20 minutes! Ramon R
Why I spent 100+ hours tweaking my resume like a weirdo
Take 5 seconds to think about your dream job…the company you’d give anything to work at.
Now imagine the CEO agreed to look at your resume.
There’s just one catch: You only get 10 seconds of his time.
Now, be completely honest with yourself: Would your resume stand out? Would it be memorable? Would your resume get you the job of your dreams?
Hi, my name is Ramit Sethi. I wrote the New York Times bestseller I Will Teach You To Be Rich, and a few years ago, while I was a student at Stanford, I decided to crack the code behind crafting a world-class resume.
I spent 100+ hours writing and tweaking it (not a typo…I was a huge nerd). I applied to all kinds of companies — tech powerhouses like Google and Intuit, management consulting firms like BCG and Bain, and huge financial companies…
…and I got rejected over and over.
We all know the feeling of sending our resumes to a company…excited to tell them why we’re perfect for the job…then waiting, and waiting…and never hearing back. Then doing it over, and over, and over. Wondering if they even got the resume. Waking up early and clicking “refresh” in our inbox…then sighing.
Ugh. This happened to me more times than I can count.
That’s when I went full nutso. Like I told you, I’m not so good at getting ignored. So I read every resume book I could get my hands on. I consulted the experts. I fine-tuned my resume and cover letter for hours and hours.
And then something changed. I got a job offer. Then another. And another.
I actually ended up juggling so many offers that I had to (politely) remind companies that if they were going to make me an offer, it had to be soon…because the other companies wanted an answer.
A world-class resume can open up a lot of doors.
What hiring managers won’t tell you…
Today, I want to share with you exactly how I turned my initial, terrible resume into an interview magnet. But first, I’ve been on both sides of the hiring table — as a candidate and as a hiring manager.
And here’s something most hiring managers won’t tell you:
You get 10 seconds.
All your work…all your skills…all your talents and personality…all your years of effort…they all earn you 10 seconds of a hiring manager’s time when they look at your resume.
For most of us, our cover letter and resume are the first and only things about us a hiring manager sees. You might be amazing, but these two pieces of paper represent EVERYTHING a company knows about you. If they’re not amazing, too…forget about it.
Like it or not, that’s a LOT of pressure riding on a single piece of paper.
For most of us, our resume is
our one shot at a dream job!
It makes sense why we get so nervous writing our resumes!
That’s why we edit them over and over until they don’t even sound like us! (Be honest: Is your resume full of horrible “corporate-speak”? Mine was the first time I wrote it.)
That’s why we get frantic when we don’t get a response from the first resume we submit.
But what can we do about it?
I’ll tell you what most people do. They send out another resume. Then another one. Soon, we’ve sent our resume to 25 companies…and we haven’t even gotten a response! I call this the “Black Hole of Doom.” What could be more depressing?
Pretty soon, we start doubting ourselves.
- “What do I have to show for the last 3 years of work?”
- “Do I have enough experience to even be considered for this job?”
- “Why would I stand out?”
I have some bad news. One of our biggest worries — that your resume looks like EVERY OTHER resume out there — is real. After all, if yours was impressive enough, wouldn’t it be opening doors already?
This is where some people finally just give in. “Ugh, I’ll just take what I have and send it in,” we say. “It is what it is.”
It feels like the game is stacked against us. The companies have all the power — they don’t even reply! — and they can choose who lands the dream jobs…or any job…and who has to wake up to yet another day of the same grind.
How are we supposed to create resumes and cover letters that can open the door to dream jobs when no one teaches us how to do it? Google “resume tips” and you get a never-ending list of worthless reminders like “don’t forget to spell-check” or “grab their attention.”
Isn’t there a better way?
The “resume secrets” I learned
in the halls of Stanford
When I was learning how to write my resume, I made every mistake you can make. I wasted time worrying about font size. I fiddled with the margins. I actually obsessed over the type of PAPER. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and kick myself in the face.
But all of my mistakes taught me that most of the “expert advice” about resumes is misleading. That’s my nice way of saying HORRIBLE. Actually, it drives me crazy! Half of these experts have never gotten a top-tier job…so how can they tell you what works and what doesn’t?
They don’t even know how the game is played!
I want to teach you the hard-won resume lessons I learned in the halls of Stanford, where I was surrounded by students who applied to the world’s top companies (and usually got job offers). I had a small group of friends who shared and perfected the best techniques and tips…but we never shared them outside our small circle. Until now.
How are those lessons different than the normal resume advice you’re used to?
“After taking notes from [your resume program], I decided to take action by making an appointment at the career center on my campus. I wanted to see if they had any information that was even close to the quality you were providing before I updated my resume with your suggestions.
The Princeton Review ranks this career center in the top 15 in the nation, and do you know what they focused on for 80% of our half-hour appointment? Formatting! I was appalled at this after watching your session and learning many more valuable lessons. I am flying to Redmond, WA next month to interview for a software engineering in test internship at Microsoft. I am going to use maybe 10% of what I learned in my career center and 100% of what you mentioned in your session to update my resume.” Caitlin D
When I secured job offers at Google, and Intuit, and a multibillion-dollar hedge fund, and more…I learned exactly how the game is played — and what it takes to reach companies at all levels.
You might be surprised to learn how little most typical advice matters. I’ve seen resumes with ugly fonts, messed-up margins, and cheap paper. But they still got the job.
Because they had something almost no resumes have: A NARRATIVE.
A narrative is a story, a thread that ties together all the elements of your resume together. When you get 10 seconds, it’s critical to have a powerful story that leaps off the page. I can show you exactly how to do this…including giving you templates, word-for-word scripts, and field-tested examples to help you craft your own.
This is what most resume “experts” completely miss.
When you know how to craft a powerful narrative, you can actually BEAT OUT PEOPLE WITH 5 YEARS’ MORE EXPERIENCE THAN YOU! I know. Because I did exactly that, beating out Stanford business-school students…as a sophomore. (This was for a job at Sun Microsystems. Btw, I had no technical training, and I was competing against former top-tier management consultants.)
But don’t take my word for it.
Put yourself in the hiring manager’s shoes…
When they look at your resume, what do they know about you? In 10 seconds?
Try it right now. Pull out your resume. Pretend you didn’t know this person. Skim it for 10 seconds.
What do you remember? What’s memorable? Do you come across as remarkable?
If not, don’t worry. I can help you change your resume from ordinary to remarkable.
And when you do, you’ll be amazed at the results:
- Your resume/cover letter will almost “automatically” rise to the top
- When you walk into the interview, they’ll already feel like they know you
- You set yourself up for success because they already know and like you…which means interviewing is easier, and negotiating is easier
I’m going to show you exactly how to turn your resume into an extraordinary “ticket” to an interview.
“I must say, the hour I spent watching your resume webcast was the best experience I have had on what to do with a resume…. I am strongly considering asking my college back for all the career development fees they charged me. Their workshops ended up wasting my time. I learned more in one hour with you than in four years with their advice that led me not to get noticed.” Todd Alexis
Let’s start right now…
5 mind-boggling mistakes we KEEP MAKING with our resumes
We all “know” we should write a better resume…yet we keep submitting the same stuff that makes us look like everyone else!
No more. Here are 5 critical mistakes I kept making…and when I fixed these, I started landing interview after interview.
We think our resume has to include everything from our history. WRONG! Your resume is not a chronological list of facts. In fact, if you did something that doesn’t support your narrative, leave it out! Companies want to see focus, not a random list of jobs that aren’t coherent.
USE “CORPORATE SPEAK.”
We all hate BS resume-sounding language…yet we all keep doing it! Look at these actual phrases from real resumes:
“A creative and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.”
“Delivered results under tight deadlines and last minute time constraints.”
These are actual phrases…that mean nothing! For some reason, whenever we create resumes, we lapse into stilted writing that sounds nothing like us. Even though we know it…we still do it. We’re so insecure about our past accomplishments, we think “dressing it up” in fancy words will hide what we did (or didn’t) do. But there’s a much better way to represent what you’ve done…honestly, and with words that actually impress the hiring manager.
WORRYING ABOUT MINUTIAE LIKE FONT SIZE AND MARGINS.
It’s no wonder that we spend a huge amount of time worrying about these things. That’s what experts tell us to focus on! How many times have you read “Resume Writing Advice” that spends 90% of the article talking about how important it is to keep your resume to 1 page? As if THAT is going to get you the job. Worrying about these pointless tactical issues is a waste of time. After all, even if you have a technically perfect resume — perfect fonts, margins, and paper — that’s no guarantee of the job. (There IS a better way.)
TALKING ABOUT HOW GREAT WE ARE…INSTEAD OF SHOWING IT.
What’s the more memorable of the two?
- “I’m passionate about design.”
- “For example, I’ve read 20 books on graphic design, listen to Accidental Creative daily, and had coffee with 5 artists and designers last week, one of whom taught me about X.”
What about these?
- “I’m well-versed in social media.”
- “For example, I use over 8 social media platforms regularly, including YouTube, Twitter and my own professional blog which gets over 5,000 visitors per day.”
Show, don’t tell. One of the biggest mistakes we make…over and over. I almost guarantee your resume is guilty of this. Take a look at your resume and cover letter right now. Am I right?
NOT THINKING ABOUT THE JOB FROM THE HIRING MANAGER’S PERSPECTIVE.
This is the biggest one of all! Why would anyone want to read your current resume? Is it interesting? Does it speak to the exact challenges the hiring manager has? Does it use the EXACT language the hiring manager uses?
If not, you’re just another entry in the pile.
I see this all the time when people apply to my jobs, saying “I’ll work for free!” They’re confused when I turn them down. That’s because they never took the time to understand that I don’t care about free…I value other things more than money.
Remember, you only have 10 seconds. If you haven’t deeply thought about what the HR person/hiring manager wants…it’s over. If you only get one tiny window to make a connection, what’s the best way to do it?
The actual resume I used
to land a job at Google
I used this resume to get jobs at Google, Intuit, and a multibillion-dollar hedge fund. It also got me jobs with Seth Godin, Sun Microsystems, and many more.
Yes, I spent over 100 hours writing it, tweaking it, and testing it.
But notice how deceptively simple it looks. It doesn’t have a fancy design. I printed it on normal paper. But it WORKS.
I’d like to give you a copy of this actual resume so you can use it in your job search. (Keep reading to find out how to get it.)
But more importantly, I’d like to teach you WHY this resume works, so you can apply these EXACT insights to your resume and use it to sail past the other “unwashed masses” of resumes that you’re competing against.
By the way, the resume secrets I learned don’t just work for Stanford grads. I’ve tested it with thousands of people.
“After your seminar on resumes, I went back, tore down my resume and completely re-did it…it was a much better resume than what I had been previously using, and started focusing on B2B roles in industries that I would enjoy. Within 24 hours of submitting my re-done resume I had a call back for a first interview.” Ryan B
I’ve packaged up all the insights and lessons I learned years ago…plus advanced material I never knew back then. I’ve tested this program with thousands of people, and tweaked the material until it was just right.
Finally…I’m ready to share it with you, so you can get results like this:
And now, I want to share this program — newly expanded and chock-full of my very best techniques — with you.
This new self-paced program gives you instant access to my absolute best material on writing a winning resume and cover letter. I’ve spared nothing, and I’ve included my best scripts, psychological insights, and even subtle tactics that I learned from the very best job hunters in the world. Including actual word-for-word resume and cover-letter templates.
You can transform your resume from mediocre to dazzling…in one night.
What you’ll learn in this program:
- Actual winning templates of resumes and cover letters, including psychological breakdowns of WHY they work
- Proven strategies for making your experience shine…even if you don’t have 10 years of experience
- The SPECIFIC words to use in the first 5 lines of your resume to “control” what the reader sees (includes case studies of how I used this technique in the field)
- How to quantify your value …even if you work in a “soft” (non-technical) field
- How to ruthlessly kill the fluff and B.S. that chokes most resumes using the Plain-English Principle
- Subtle tweaks to avoid being labeled a “job hopper”
- Learn the 3 steps to turn your stale, dead-in-the-water resume into an “interview ticket” that sails past the unwashed-masses resumes you’re competing against
- Often-overlooked areas of your cover letter and resume where you can stand out above novice applicants
- How to use powerful positioning “triggers” to change industries
- How to position “blemishes” and mistakes in your career so the focus stays on your strengths and talents
- How to look your absolute best without stretching the truth. The tactics taught in this program are 100% ethical and hiring-manager approved. I personally stand behind everything I teach in this course.
- “Storytelling Sales Secrets” and how to create a “story toolbox” to effortlessly engage with your prospective employer and rise head-and-shoulders above the competition
- Actual resumes and cover letters that win — including my line-by-line analysis explaining WHY they work and HOW you can apply the lessons to your own resumes and cover letters. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Use these proven models and scripts.
- And more…
The powerful material you’ll
get instant access to
I’ve packed this program to give you everything you need to turn your resume and cover letter from mediocre to masterful — overnight.
- Full presentation of my best insights on writing winning resumes and cover letters. A 60-minute video presentation on how to craft the perfect resume and cover letter — including audio and a full transcript.
- Actual winning resumes and cover letters. Including 5 actual resumes and 5 real cover letters that secured top jobs. You won’t find these resumes anywhere else because they’re directly from my successful students — students who used this very material to secure the jobs of their dreams.
- Before-and-after case studies. I don’t just dump hours of theory onto you. I’ll show you actual before-and-after resumes and cover letters. You’ll see how my pilot students took my material and applied it to dramatically improve their personal documents.
- Live resume teardowns. Watch me “tear down” real resumes on video…and dramatically reposition them to outperform people with 10 years’ more experience. You’ll learn the importance of positioning and a powerful narrative. And you’ll learn how to apply these techniques to your own resumes and cover letters. No matter your experience level or even if you’re changing industries.
- Advanced videos on the psychology of hiring. Includes Q&A on the most common mistakes we make
- BONUS! Two 60-minute Accelerator Coaching Calls. Listen in on two recorded calls with my top students as they ask the toughest resume questions they have…and I give them the exact language and strategies to land jobs at their dream jobs.
An UNBEATABLE Guarantee:
Try my Overnight Resume Makeover for an entire 60 days, 100% risk-free
If you don’t LOVE it, I insist that you get 100% of your money back. I’ll even eat the credit-card processing fees.
Let me tell you exactly why I offer this unbeatable guarantee…
When I researched resumes, I tried many of the popular guides in this area only to find that they regurgitated more of the same old, rehashed, generic info.
“Be yourself!” “Spell-check.” “Grab their attention.”
Ok…what does that mean? What should I say? How do I even get started?
That’s not good enough for me, for IWT, or my readers.
That’s why instead of creating yet another generic ebook, I invested my time and money into building the most detailed resume program ever created. I included the word-for-word scripts, I collected and shared REAL resumes that helped land high-paying Dream Jobs, and I revealed the actual strategies and tactics I’ve used to get job offers at top tier companies like Google, Intuit, Sun Microsystems, and a multibillion dollar hedge fund. I know this material works because I tested it with hundreds and hundreds of students and they’ve gotten successful results. And now I’m revealing this material that you cannot find anywhere else.
That’s why my blog has been around for over 12 years and hosts over 1,000,000 readers per month.
That’s why my book is a New York Times bestseller.
That’s why I regularly appear on PBS, ABC, NPR.
And that’s why I guarantee this course.
It’s simple: Take the program, do the exercises, and see for yourself. If it doesn’t work, I want you to email me, prove you did the work, and I’ll refund you 100%. No questions asked.
This guarantee lasts 60 days — more than enough time to go through the entire program. Try the ENTIRE program. If you don’t love it, just email me at ANY TIME during the 60 days and show me you’re doing the exercises and not getting results. I’ll refund 100% of your price. I’ll even eat the credit-card processing costs.
See what other people just like you
said about this material:
“My resume on Monster had been up for a couple of years with about 40 views total. Then I attended your resume course…. I made revisions to my resume based off of your advice back in February. I started getting calls from recruiters (IT is dominated by recruiters in Colorado) on a daily basis, typically between 3 and 5 a day. The next week, I had four potential job offers.” David J
“On Monday night I participated in your webinar on creating powerful resumes. As a previous hiring manager for my business I looked over 10,000+ resumes/applications over the past 8 years and your resume advice was on-point, specifically: 1) creating a narrative 2) making every word earn its place and 3) quantifying results. Looking at the 2 resume examples was also helpful as it showed these 3 points in action.” Corinne G
“I learned more in that hour about resume crafting and approach than anywhere else in my life.” Chip K
“This is easily worth thousands (or more over a career lifetime). Absolutely love it.” Nathaniel C
Make one decision today — just 1
You can keep sending your current, clunky resume out to company after company. Some may respond. Most won’t. You can keep beating your head against the wall, wondering why they don’t call back. You can blame the economy…or the government…or our parents’ generation.
Or you can take action to learn the insights that secured me job offers at Google, Intuit, Sun Microsystems, a venture-backed startup, a position with Seth Godin, and more.
You can learn how my “pilot students” used this material to turn their mediocre resumes into dazzling documents that got them interviews — and job offers.
It’s fascinating to me. When faced with poor responses to their resumes, some people…
- Decide to send out 50 more copies (as if that’s going to help)
- Turn around and blame the economy (ironic, since top performers are still getting job offers)
- Decide they need “more experience” (thereby delaying their job search for another 2 years)
All of these instead of actually learning how to write a winning cover letter and resume. Which you can do in just a few hours!
Readmore: Everything Else
- 1 Finally…a PROVEN program that shows you exactly how to transform your resume and cover letter from ordinary to remarkable… in one night.
- 2 Why I spent 100+ hours tweaking my resume like a weirdo
- 3 5 mind-boggling mistakes we KEEP MAKING with our resumes
- 4 The actual resume I used to land a job at Google
- 5 The powerful material you’ll get instant access to