Treating Traumatic Stress
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Victoria Grinman – Treating Traumatic Stress in Kids: Sensory, Yoga & Mindfulness Techniques to Rewire the Young Brain
Course Download Size :
- Victoria Grinman
- 6 Hours 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jan 29, 2020
Anxiety, panic, inattention and stress are at epidemic proportion for our kids and teens, leaving them unable to play, learn and grow. Many kids feel disconnected, lonely, scared, sad and angry, left vulnerable to depression, anxiety, disconnection, and psychological and physiological challenges.
Anxiety and fear are the grand hijackers of kids attention, focus and self-regulation.
In this highly experiential seminar, we will dig deep into the most challenging diagnoses and behaviors including:
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Anxiety, intense worry, fear
- Aggression and angry outbursts
- Risk taking behaviors
- and more . . .
This integrative approach to yoga and mindfulness includes:
- Sensory integration activities
- Co-regulation mastery
- Chair-based exercises
- Cognitive behavioral approaches
- Sensorimotor modalities
Come experience each activity, gain specific language for how to modify it for kids, and discover how to weave it into your existing practice.
|Manual – Treating Traumatic Stress in Kids (11.05 MB)||55 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Self-study Instructions (28.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Unpacking Traumatic Stress for Kids
- Hijackers of executive functioning and emotional balance: Anxiety, panic, fear, toxic stress, worry
- A Whole Look: Developmental, psychological and neuro-biological lens
- Triune Brain: Integrate and engage the three levels
- Key functions compromised by stress and trauma
- Co-regulation and the power of relationship
- Modeling: Mirror neurons and empathy stress
Prepare Kids Minds and Bodies for Learning & Play
- Special guidelines for a trauma-informed integrative yoga and mindfulness practitioner
- Effective exercises for neuroplasticity: Rewiring the young brain
- Neurointegration to balance the separate regions of the brain
Yoga, Mindfulness & Sensory Techniques: Putting It Into Practice
- Master application of the 7 senses to any technique for increased self-awareness and connection
- Experience 50+ dynamic ready-to-use techniques to address areas of functioning most compromised by traumatic stress in the body:
- Making best use of our anchor
- Pair breathe with movement
- Increase motivation through challenge while decreasing resistance
- Support kids in using their internal resources to be strong, grounded and balanced
- Movement with intention and purpose
- Facilitate self-awareness and insight
- Interoception and Tuning IN
- First step to self-advocacy; Help kids notice when their bodies are sending a message
- Listen to the “I” within the body
- Gain mastery of maintaining and shifting attention
- Prioritizing stimuli and information
- Initiate a relaxation approach: Soothe the autonomic nervous system
- Kindness & Gratitude
- Nurturing compassion for self and others
Integrate Skills Into Daily Life
- Master 15+ seated modifications, partner poses and group games
- Build a take-home tool-bag
- Recipes for handmade tools and props
- Overview of aromatherapy
- Tips for working with different strengths, needs, and abilities: Including Autism, ADHD, deaf community, and many more
Challenges As Opportunities: Responding to Resistance
- The Plan versus The Child
- Expectations and outcomes
- Create a self-care plan
Victoria Grinman, PhD, LICSW-R Related seminars and products: 2
Victoria Grinman, PhD, LICSW-R, is a psychotherapist, educator and speaker with over 15 years of experience supporting individuals of all ages and differences in life perspectives, and their families. She is the founder of Growing Kind Minds LLC, a private practice and community resource. She is a Certified Family Trauma Professional, a trained yoga and mindfulness instructor to children and adolescents through Little Flower Yoga, and a certified aromatherapist through New York Institute of Aromatherapy. Victoria was a proud faculty member of Columbia School of Social Work, Boston College School of Social Work and Adelphi University. Her areas of deep focus include Posttrauamatic Growth, trauma, parenting and autism.
Victoria has extensive experience providing individual, group and family therapeutic services utilizing an integrative approach that is informed by theory and grounded in a holistic and strengths-based perspective. She has been invited to be a speaker at universities, organizations and community groups on topics that span the areas of yoga and mindfulness, play therapy, neuropsychology education, emotional literacy, education, clinical practice, disabilities, trauma and autism; and provides consultation in program development, and social-emotional curriculum building and implementation to schools and corporations. Victoria participates annually in national and international conferences.
Victoria is the host of That Moment: Heart to Heart Talks with Dr. Victoria Grinman, a talk show and podcast that sheds light on the possible outcome of Posttraumatic Growth in the wake of an experience that overwhelms our ability to cope. The talk highlights influential and inspiring individuals in the world and their story of struggle to triumph. She enthusiastically looks for new ways to facilitate and promote resiliency, empathy and wellness. She is excited to be part of the process of sharing tools and meeting people in interdisciplinary realms with like goals to empower others.
Financial: Victoria Grinman is an adjunct professor for Adelphi University. She has an employment relationship with The Summit School and New York Therapy Placement Services. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Victoria Grinman has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Readmore: Victoria Grinman