Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Course Download Size :
- Savanna Flakes
- 1 Hour 49 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 31, 2020
In this unprecedented time, parents, teachers, and children are provided the opportunity to adjust to a new rhythm of school and work at home. Join us for a supportive virtual learning experience, open to all caring adults who would like to increase academic learning at home.
In this recording, adults will acquire dozens of practical strategies to increase learning throughout the day. Working, parenting, and teaching from home can be a very stressful juggling act and so employing a variety of wellness practices can help us sustain learning activities for children. You will finish this outstanding program inspired by a wealth of highly effective strategies, websites, and tools to support literacy, numeracy and social-emotional learning.
We are in this together!
|Illinois Educators Self-study Instructions (28.5 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Illinois Educators Evaluation Form (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Innovative Learning Schedules
- Sample schedules, resources, websites for K-5
- Sample schedules, resources, websites for 6-12
- Explore various structures to support teaching children while working
- Strategies to maximize materials around the home and outside to support students with problem solving and critical thinking
- Technology tools and resources to support reading and writing
- Resources to engage students in mathematical reasoning
Social Emotional Learning (For Children and Adults)
- Evidenced-based practices to help students navigate these challenging circumstances
- Building Connectedness and Belonging for Students While School Buildings are Closed
- Tips to support adult work-life balance and wellness
Savanna Flakes, Ed.S., PMC Related seminars and products: 5
Inclusion for a Better Future, LLC
Savanna Flakes, Ed.S., PMC, is an award-winning teacher, experienced instructional leader, and educational consultant who has taught a variety of subjects and led professional development for multiple school levels on a range of topics such as differentiation, literacy interventions, inclusion, co-teaching, and specially designed instruction. Educators who have worked with Savanna have often commented on her experience and knowledge of differentiated instructional strategies to ensure every learner has access to the curriculum and is ready for 21st century success.
She is an engaging and enthusiastic international presenter who believes that every child has talents to offer and can be a contributing member in our classroom, school, and society. Savanna holds an Education Specialist Degree in Administration Leadership, a Post Masters Certificate in Education Leadership, and Curriculum and Instruction: Literacy, and Special Education. She is a National Board Certified Teacher (NBPTS), an International Education Technology Standards Certified Teacher (ISTE), a Google Certified Educator, and the author of the Inclusion Instructional Strategies Corner for MultiBriefs.
Financial: Savanna Flakes is CEO for Inclusion for a Better Future, LLC. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Savanna Flakes has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Readmore: Savanna Flakes
- 1 Savanna Flakes – Virtual Classrooms and Homeschooling During the Coronavirus: Strategies, Tools and Resources for Efficient at Home Learning