Work The System
Course Download Size : 1.4 GB
Delivery : Digital Download Immediately
Work The System Academy
Salepage : Work The System Academy
Archive : Work The System Academy
Course Download Size : 1.4 GB
Consider these staggering facts
Only 20 out of 100 business start-ups survive 5 years.
Only 4 out of that 20 make it another 5 years
Only 1 out of that 4 make it another 5 years!
Is your business on life support, slipping gradually towards oblivion on its way to becoming just another statistic? Or, is it just stuck and there seems to be no hope for relief?
Fortunately, there is a way to turn things around before it’s too late…
I will show you the exact, proven blueprint I used to transform my failing business into a money-generating machine that only requires 2 hours of my attention per week!
What I’m about to share with you is NOT another “get-rich-quick” scheme. And it’s NOT yet another ploy that only offers temporary solutions to the long-term (major) business problems of low profit, operational chaos…and an exhausting lifestyle for the owner…
I’m going to give you specific strategies you can immediately start implementing in your business. Again, these approaches aren’t temporary fixes. This is the same methodology we’ve implemented in leadership-level consultations with companies with annual revenues ranging from ten million to fifty million to one half billion dollars per year…and they will work for you regardless of the size of your company.
My name is Sam Carpenter, author of Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of MAKING MORE AND WORKING LESS, and for 30 years the owner of Centratel – the highest quality answering service in the United States…and likely the entire world. What follows is a story. Not any story, but my story. It’s the narrative of how I changed my perspective – in an instant – and then quickly took my business from absolute failure to overwhelming success, and created the Work the System Method in the process – a powerful Methodology that WILL transform your business…
But before I do, I’ll ask you a couple of questions, and be honest with yourself with your answers.
Are you spending an enormous amount of time and energy “fighting fires” and dealing with chaos in your business?
Are you making very little money in the process?
Do you feel trapped by your business – afraid to expand and equally afraid to give up?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will benefit from what I am about to share with you, because I was just like you not too many years ago. But, due to what seemed like sheer dumb-luck at the time, I discovered a way to turn it all around.
On December 1, 1984, at the age of thirty-five, I bought Girl Friday Telephone Answering Service, an ailing telecom business in my hometown of Bend, Oregon. The total purchase price was $21,000; the down payment, $5,000, which I borrowed. There were seven employees, 140 small clients ($40 per month each), and 400 square feet of office space.
I changed the name to Centratel to reflect the changing times and then set out to blaze new trails as any new business owner does. But it didn’t happen.
Despite growing volume, our profits weren’t increasing. The business was a disorganized nightmare, always on the brink of disaster, and my personal life, what there was of it, devolved into shambles. Within a year, I went through a divorce and then proceeded to do my best to bring up my two children as a single, custodial parent. Things were bad.
For a decade and a half, I endured moment-to-moment turmoil, working long, long hours—often in excess of a hundred hours a week—always just scratching by financially.
I got sick from the pressure, but powered on anyway. The only thing that would stop me would be if I dropped over unconscious from stress and sheer fatigue (and after fifteen years of relentless pressure, this became more than a possibility).
If things were so bad, why didn’t I just throw in the towel and get a regular job? Frankly, I was terrified of rejoining the workforce as someone else’s employee. The thought of having a traditional job sent shivers down my spine. After all those years of being on my own, working for someone else would be a nightmare for me and for my employer. I rationalized, if I am in Hell, at least it’s my Hell.
One night around 3:00 a.m… I found myself awake yet again, exhausted, with an unfunded payroll less than a week away, when suddenly I stopped thinking about work details, business philosophies, elaborate theories, or some last-minute divine intervention.
Without coaxing, and for no apparent reason, two simple, pragmatic questions charged out of the blackness: What have I been doing wrong all these years? And, since the end IS coming, what is there to lose if I abandon past assumptions and look at things from a completely different angle?
Then, quickly the answers came
I know it sounds corny, but I underwent an enlightenment of sorts. It struck me that Centratel was simply a self-contained mechanical device! It was—and is—nothing more than the sum of an assemblage of sequential systems: answering the phones, sales, payroll preparation, scheduling, handling complaints, etc. —each executed in a linear fashion whereby one step follows another step until the sequence for that particular system is complete and some kind of a result occurs. I saw that my mode of thinking and managing had been reactionary, defensive, and incredibly inefficient. I had taken the wrong stance because the mechanics had been invisible to me!
All I did was kill fires, unaware that they were the products of unseen, dysfunctional systems. These systems had lives of their own and were acting out their 1-2-3 sequences without direction, producing results that were unpredictable at the least, and debilitating at the worst.
My business was out of control because I had been coping with the random results of unmanaged systems. My life was chaos – not because I was some kind of loser or unfortunate victim of circumstance, but because most of the systems of my life were not being managed. Out of control, these inefficient secondary systems composed the dysfunctional primary systems of my life: business, health, and relationships.
But now I had the solution. I would disassemble Centratel, fix the pieces one by one, and put them back together again. If I did that, it seemed sensible that the finished product would be superior.
We made it through the payroll crisis by borrowing money! Then I immediately began to turn my attention to creating three sets of documents that would get Centratel on track:
I would create the Strategic Objective, which would define us and set goals.
I would put together the General Operating Principles, which would serve as our guidelines for making decisions.
We would write out our Working Procedures, which would exactly define every recurring process of the business.
Marching ahead without pause, we quickly began to see results as confusion diminished and cash flow came under control. In the first six months, my work week dropped from a hundred hours to sixty. Then, in the next six months, it fell below forty. In the next two-year period, our client base grew from three hundred to seven hundred as my work hours still progressed downward.
It took a long time to straighten things out, five long years actually. But as I look back, that’s understandable because we were figuring out the details of the Work the System methodology from scratch. We invested (and sometimes inadvertently wasted) time and money as we experimented with new concepts, tried to find the right management people, and stumbled with the system documentation.
Despite the setbacks and the additional workload, my physical involvement with the company’s daily operations continued to decline. Today, I spend just a couple of hours a week working on Centratel business. One of those hours is for our weekly staff meeting and the other is for paying bills and attending to various R&D efforts.
If we were to do this again without having to develop the process from scratch, it would take fewer than eighteen months to reach the lifestyle and income I now enjoy.
After sharing my new systems approach with many other business owners and seeing it work for them, I decided to turn it into a book. I couldn’t have imagined how well it would be received! I have been blessed to help thousands of business owners, both large and small, to implement the “Work The System Methodology” since its initial release. Who would have thought all those years ago when I was literally begging to borrow the money to make my payroll, that I would now be regarded as the
international authority of business systems improvement!
But, don’t just take my word for it. The following business owners used this same methodology to engineer their success…
I run a high-end organic skincare business. Prior to implementing the Work the System Method I was working 90 hours a week. Now I work about 30 hours per week, my income has tripled, and my productivity has increased by over 500%.
I’m in the solar lighting construction business, and thanks to the Work the System Academy I’ve turned my operation into a machine which functions without me there day-to-day. I now work as little as 5 hours a week and, a few months ago we took a unique adventure, my family and I spent months in a remote Alaskan village.
Before discovering the Work the System Method I couldn’t see a way out of the constant grind of long work weeks and little income. My real estate management company had taken complete control of my life. I had almost given up the hope of finding a solution to the pain, but now, thanks to the Work the System Academy, I’m able to navigate each day in serenity…and sometimes I have to pinch myself as a reminder that this new life is real.
Imagine if your business could become a well-oiled machine that consistently produces happy, paying customers, generates no chaos, and doesn’t require your constant presence and attention!
It is possible.
But you may be thinking, “Sam, why should I listen to you? Just because you turned your business around doesn’t mean it will work for me.”
Well, I used to think that the Work The System Methodology might only work for businesses like mine, but the more I introduced it to people with all manner of businesses, the more I saw it working!
We’ve worked one-on-one with…
- Furniture Stores
- Commercial Appraisers
- Marketing Businesses
- Manufacturing Businesses
- Health and Fitness
- Logistics Businesses
- Consulting Firms
- Insurance Agents
- Call Centers
- Audio/Video Sales and Installation
- Retail Sales
- Software companies
- Property Managers
- Energy Companies
- Physical Therapy Centers
- Small Business
- Big Business
- Family Business
- Local Companies
- Regional Companies
- National Companies
- International Companies
And the list goes on and on and on…
I managed to find a methodology that gets down to the core fundamentals of any business.
The solution is universal and indisputable, and just like the law of gravity, it works everywhere, in the same way, all the time!
The best part of the Work the System Method is that it makes gut-sense. No esoteric theory. No blind faith propositions. Just simple, mechanical steps that you can take to quickly turn things around.
Why should you listen to me?
Well, it’s NOT because of my pedigree. I’m just an average Joe. And it’s NOT because of my long list of degrees. I have an AA degree in forestry. And it’s NOT because I have everything figured out. I don’t!
I come with blue-collar roots, a background that is a mixed bag
- land surveyor
- heavy-equipment operator
- factory worker
- door-to-door salesman
- technical consultant
- hamburger flipper
- house painter
- department store sales clerk
- construction superintendent
- project engineer
- ditch digger
- sales professional
- public speaker
- book publisher
- retail store owner
- lab technician
- mill worker
- stock and commodities investor
- telecommunications entrepreneur
- real estate salesman
- kitchen worker
- corporate CEO
- and business owner
Needless to say, I’ve taken the long road to freedom and wealth, but I got there! Today my income is comfortably in the top 1%, and yet I only work about 2 hours each week.
You know what I learned along the way?
Nobody likes working like a dog and getting paid peanuts! Most business owners live off the respect they get from the community because of their business card, and not because of their income.
Simply put, you should listen to me because I have developed a proven method that will take you from Underpaid and Overworked to Overpaid and Underworked! I did it myself. This is not theory. It’s fact. AND it will work for you –I guarantee it!
The system works if you Work the System!
Since the first edition of my book, Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less published in 2008, I have heard from literally thousands of business owners around the world who have used these methods to their own benefit.
The freedom my business now gives me has allowed me to discover a new passion along the way: helping business owners escape the chaos that keeps them trapped in long hours, and little pay. I now spend considerably more of my time helping other business owners than I do working in my own business.
The more my team has reached out to entrepreneurs, the more we encounter a common problem. It’s much easier to agree that this system works than it is to get started working it! .
Scores of people contacted me to say, “Sam, we get it – but can you help us get started?”
Over the years, we’ve done several things to help
And now, introducing…
The Work The System Academy
The Work The System Academy is an online training program, and it’s unlike any other program you’ve seen in the often hype-filled internet. The Academy is designed to take you by the hand and show you EXACTLY how within only 90 days you will be working less (probably much less), and making more (probably much more).
This isn’t theory! Through the Academy, I will personally guide you through implementing the Work the System Methodology in YOUR business.
The Academy picks up where the book left off
Remember when you first learned to ride a bike? I bet there was somebody (for me, it was my dad) holding onto the back of the seat, balancing the bike for you until you got the hang of it. Right? You weren’t aware of it, but with each successive attempt, your teacher would loosen the grip just a bit more until, BOOM! There you were, riding all by yourself.
Well, that’s the Work the System Academy. I am going to hold the bike steady while you learn to ride. Until now, my personal guidance was only available through our high-end consulting. But through the Academy, you will have me as your personal guide, taking you from overworked, stressed, and underpaid, to freedom, peace of mind, and making more money in only about 90 days.
The Work The System Methodology is the closest thing there has ever been to an “easy button” for entrepreneurs.
The Work The System Methodology is made up of three main components
The Strategic Objective
Your Declaration of Independence, your mandate for a better future.
The General Operating Principles
Your Constitution, a set of guidelines for future decision making.
The Working Procedures
Your laws, the rules of your game.
These are the documents that will guide you to your destination of working less and making more! They seem simple enough, right? Creating these three documents is easy, but creating them in the way that they radically transform your business takes skill and insight, and that’s exactly what I’m going to give you through the academy.
As a participant in the Work The System Academy, you will be getting help from me, the architect of this methodology, and it will skyrocket your chances of success!
With my guidance, I will share the nuanced details of the methodology and show you how to create the core documents that WILL turn your business into a money-generating machine that gives you all the freedom you desire.
First you work your systems.
Then your systems do the work.
Ok, so how does the Work The System Academy help me get this done?
In the Academy I will go into detail to help you…
- Discover the mindset that ALL successful entrepreneurs have, and then I’ll show you how to quickly develop the exact same mindset. You will discover the secret to viewing your business and life from an outside-and-slightly-elevated, system-improvement perspective – this is critical.
- Pinpoint and describe specific goals for your business, job, and life. And then define the methods you will use to achieve those goals. This is the process we will use to craft a powerful Strategic Objective. Not just any Strategic Objective, but one that makes you money.
- Create your personal collection of General Operating Principles. These Operating Principles are far more than just mere words on paper. I will teach you how to design them to control decision making. Yes, decision making that does NOT require your input.
- Define which of your specific systems are in need of improvement, and which should be discarded. Not only will I help you identify which systems need improvement, but I’ll also show you the specific steps you need to take to permanently improve them for maximum results.
- Dissect each system into its most fundamental components. For your business or your job, describe each system on paper in a 1-2- 3-step format. You can do all the right things, but if you’re doing them in the wrong order, you might as well not even do them. I’ll show you the quick and simple method for getting each of your systems documented.
- Improve the efficiency of the component steps, one system at a time, leaning hard toward stark simplicity. What good are systems if they are so complex that no one can follow them? I will show you how to change sequences and add or delete steps as necessary, so that we make each of your systems perfect.
- Document each system into a Working Procedure in order to ensure the continuity of your systems for your business. I’ll reveal how to create Working Procedures that are “off the street” ready. You want perfect systems executing 100% of the time.
- Put the new Working Procedures into play and tend to them on a regular basis, inspecting and tweaking as necessary.
- Tie your three core documents (Strategic Objective, Operating Principles, & Working Procedures) into one cohesive system that puts your business in a position for rapid scale expansion. You have created your very own “easy button” for business growth!
Here’s how it works…
Once you are an exclusive member of the Work The System Academy, you will gain instant – lifetime – access to the Academy Training Portal. Here you will receive the following:
- 19 videos – outlining in unprecedented detail – the steps necessary to implement the Work The System Methodology.
- A written transcript of each video lesson.
- A training guide for each lesson to ensure you get maximum results from each session.
- 19 “Do It Now” worksheets – one for each lesson. These worksheets will give you quick action exercises to ensure you’re on the right path.
- 8 – never released – sample documents from which you can model your Core Documents. Only our high-end consulting clients have been given access to these in the past.
- Our Powerful Procedure Identification Guide
- Unlimited Email Support (for 90 days)
- One page Working Procedure Brainstorm sheet to give you a quick jumpstart
- WTSA Fast Progress Reference Guide
- Business Documentation: Strategic Objective Template and Samples
- Business Documentation: Operating Principles Samples
- Business Documentation: Working Procedures Samples
- Personal Documentation: Personal Strategic Objective Template
- Personal Documentation: Personal Working Procedure Brainstorm Sheet
- One page Progress Checker to ensure you’re on the right track
We have included every possible tool you’ll need to make this life-altering change in your business.
It is best if you start at the beginning and work systematically through the lessons and assignments, but you have free reign inside the member’s area. Most business owners can complete the Academy training within 60-90 days…and you get it for life!
Imagine what your life would be like if your business was under control, you were making good money, and you didn’t have to be present at your business every minute of every day.
The whole reason we went to such considerable trouble and expense ($200,000 over three years) to develop this training is because we want you to succeed! We want you to get out of the chaos, seize control, and get your life back!
For business or personal life, it’s not mysterious bad luck that takes people down; it’s serial inefficiency. The great news is that inefficiency is easy to correct if one can see the cause of it!
Stop looking for a sudden hand-of-God solution to problems. Drop the idea that life is convoluted and mysterious, strip away the complexity, and get to work repairing the underlying inefficient mechanisms one by one!
Most people don’t fail by making overt mistakes.
They fail because they don’t take action.
But if you do take action, think about what this can do for your income AND your peace of mind. Imagine waking up well rested and confident in knowing that your business will continue to operate smoothly with the systems you have put in place.
Let’s get busy fixing your business!
Here’s a brief outline of the 19 training videos
Introduces the Academy and tells you how to maximize your time and effectively use the program.
Learn the key principles that will allow you to be successful in this program and in life. I will provide a solid foundation so that you can learn the material thoroughly, as well as your staff (if you have any yet). You will set goals for yourself.
Control Holism: Organic & Mechanical
Learn how to get control of your life and business with systems and a mind shift. Spontaneity and creativity can abound when your systems are in order. I reveal the secret to stopping bad events before they happen. Discover the formula I used to get permanently out of chaos.
Red or Green?
Gain the secrets to avoid procrastination and get in the fast lane. Learn the trait that all successful entrepreneurs embody.
Intro to the mind-shift
Learn how to systemize the creative process. Discover what you should or should not actually systemize.
The mind-shift, part 1
Understand the power of implementation. How to fix existing systems and how to make your own luck.
The mind-shift, part 2
Getting the right perspective of your business. What does Centratel actually do to be so efficient?
How to take advantage of your body’s highs and lows. When to do the important things. How to maximize your energy.
The Language, part 1
Instructional tool to shape your future business. Learn how to communicate these power words in order to kill chaos.
The Language, part 2
More than a glossary, but a new way to communicate, think, and act. You now have a rock solid mental foundation that no one can take away from you. You are ready for rapid system implementation and have the tools to do it.
The Strategic Objective
This is your key to a strong enduring strategy. This module will offer the mechanics and a template to create your own powerful Strategic Objective. This is the most important document you will ever create.
General Operating Principles
The rudder for your ship. How to systemize excellent decision making throughout an organization. A management document that will align and leverage your most variable systems: “people.”
Isolating your Systems
What are the first steps to seeing the systems of your business? The guide sheet to build a solid plan.
The key to getting consistent wins. What makes a good working procedure vs. a bad one? How can you reduce your employee training time by 90%? What processes should you eliminate? No more learning by osmosis over a long period of time…
You are a Project Engineer
How to engage your team to get the heavy lifting done. The trap of multitasking; how to get focused. Keeping the machine maintained.
Your Staff, Effective Communication
The system to create happy and productive employees. These are the most important principles for being effective with your people, learned in 30 years of business ownership and distilled into one video. How to achieve excellence in your business. Converting mistakes to your permanent advantage. Priceless communication systems that I have developed as a lifelong telecommunications professional.
Time management simplified. What is my secret? The system that creates massive task accomplishment …including – especially – the important yet non-urgent ones.
Good enough. Errors of Omission. POS
How to get the maximum ROI out of each system. How to be OK with mistakes so you can move forward towards “good – enough.” What does the powerful acronym POS really mean? How will it move your company far beyond the competition?
Fix your health and relationships with the WTS approach. The simple structure to plan out a great life!
Make it so: Freeform wrap-up with Sam
Conclusion and highlights of everything important. This is the key motivation to keep you moving forward successfully.
Every video lesson comes complete with a transcript, lesson guide and a “Do-It-Now” worksheet.
Here’s what Kim, one of our recent members, had to say…
I read Sam’s book years ago (before I opened my business) and I knew deep down what needed to be done, but I never forced myself to stop and do it. The Academy has provided the discipline and structure I needed to move forward. It’s forced me to be accountable to myself, the business, and our employees.
Since joining the Academy I feel better. I’m more in control and more hopeful. If I am totally honest with myself; there were a lot of days I woke up feeling not so great. Our business was growing steadily, and as a result, so were our “issues.” I just hadn’t made it a priority to get documented systems and procedures in place. We are lucky to have a successful business, outstanding employees, and loyal customers. But instead of enjoying our success and celebrating our good fortune, I found myself stuck in a rut. I needed some help to get me moving in the right direction. It hasn’t been easy – but I’m not looking back!
I definitely recommend the Work The System Academy. Everything is already working better and everyone’s morale is improving with each new procedure. The Academy has allowed me to focus on what’s working and what’s not. Instead of dealing with the same issue disguised as a different problem, from one day to the next, we are thinking about what is broken and fixing it. We’re learning the difference between a symptom and a problem. The systems mindset is a powerful vantage point that I will use for the rest of my life.
Owner of The Amish Craftsman
OK… So I’m Convinced You Can Transform my Business… But How Much Is All This going To Cost?
Honestly, a lot less than it should. We regularly charge in excess of $100,000.00 to personally bring businesses through the exact same methodology that we’ve laid out in the Academy.
Why are companies willing to pay us so much for helping them implement the Work The System Methodology? The reason is simple…when this methodology is properly implemented it WILL result in less stress, less chaos, AND more money, plus more freedom.
And now with the Work The System Academy, you can have me guide you through implementing this powerful methodology into your business for only $395.00.
Readmore: Internet Marketing
- 1 Work The System Academy
- 22.214.171.124 Description
- 126.96.36.199 Consider these staggering facts
- 188.8.131.52 Is your business on life support, slipping gradually towards oblivion on its way to becoming just another statistic? Or, is it just stuck and there seems to be no hope for relief?
- 184.108.40.206 I will show you the exact, proven blueprint I used to transform my failing business into a money-generating machine that only requires 2 hours of my attention per week!
- 220.127.116.11 Dear Friend,
- 18.104.22.168 But before I do, I’ll ask you a couple of questions, and be honest with yourself with your answers.
- 22.214.171.124 For a decade and a half, I endured moment-to-moment turmoil, working long, long hours—often in excess of a hundred hours a week—always just scratching by financially.
- 126.96.36.199 Then, quickly the answers came
- 188.8.131.52 We made it through the payroll crisis by borrowing money! Then I immediately began to turn my attention to creating three sets of documents that would get Centratel on track:
- 184.108.40.206 If we were to do this again without having to develop the process from scratch, it would take fewer than eighteen months to reach the lifestyle and income I now enjoy.
- 220.127.116.11 But, don’t just take my word for it. The following business owners used this same methodology to engineer their success…
- 18.104.22.168 Angelina Swanson
- 22.214.171.124 Brennan Morrow
- 126.96.36.199 Darus Trutna
- 188.8.131.52 Imagine if your business could become a well-oiled machine that consistently produces happy, paying customers, generates no chaos, and doesn’t require your constant presence and attention!
- 184.108.40.206 It is possible.
- 220.127.116.11 We’ve worked one-on-one with…
- 18.104.22.168 I managed to find a methodology that gets down to the core fundamentals of any business.
- 22.214.171.124 The system works if you Work the System!
- 126.96.36.199 And now, introducing…
- 188.8.131.52 The Academy picks up where the book left off
- 184.108.40.206 The Strategic Objective
- 220.127.116.11 The General Operating Principles
- 18.104.22.168 The Working Procedures
- 22.214.171.124 First you work your systems.
- 126.96.36.199 Then your systems do the work.
- 188.8.131.52 In the Academy I will go into detail to help you…
- 184.108.40.206 Here’s how it works…
- 220.127.116.11 Imagine what your life would be like if your business was under control, you were making good money, and you didn’t have to be present at your business every minute of every day.
- 18.104.22.168 Most people don’t fail by making overt mistakes.
- 22.214.171.124 They fail because they don’t take action.
- 126.96.36.199 Here’s a brief outline of the 19 training videos
- 188.8.131.52 Orientation
- 184.108.40.206 Getting Started
- 220.127.116.11 Control Holism: Organic & Mechanical
- 18.104.22.168 Red or Green?
- 22.214.171.124 Intro to the mind-shift
- 126.96.36.199 The mind-shift, part 1
- 188.8.131.52 The mind-shift, part 2
- 184.108.40.206 Prime Time
- 220.127.116.11 The Language, part 1
- 18.104.22.168 The Language, part 2
- 22.214.171.124 The Strategic Objective
- 126.96.36.199 General Operating Principles
- 188.8.131.52 Isolating your Systems
- 184.108.40.206 Working Procedures
- 220.127.116.11 You are a Project Engineer
- 18.104.22.168 Your Staff, Effective Communication
- 22.214.171.124 Task Management
- 126.96.36.199 Good enough. Errors of Omission. POS
- 188.8.131.52 Personal Systems
- 184.108.40.206 Make it so: Freeform wrap-up with Sam
- 220.127.116.11 OK… So I’m Convinced You Can Transform my Business… But How Much Is All This going To Cost?